Afraid of the Government

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by wallflower, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallflower

wallflower Well-Known Member

Is anyone else here afraid of the U.S. government?
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

3. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Afraid of the government? In what way?
  4. wallflower

I wonder if mental rehabilitation is a form of brainwashing or programming social patterns, and have read up on cases of people who have been kidnapped by government organizations and brainwashed.

I don't see how I can be a paranoid schizophrenic if I can't even feel anything.
  5. wallflower

Is that a "Yes Sir?" oops I almost put Sire. :blink:
  6. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

who wouldnt be? esp the us gov. too many religious nuts with power over there and a war mongering president. scary
  7. wallflower

I love your icon! It's beautiful. :wink:
  8. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

and i forgot the carrying guns and useless barbaric death penalty... and nuclear wea[pons, cruelty to animals, no decent health care and a selfish society. i think you have every reason to fear them, we all do
  9. wallflower

10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am not afraid of the US government. I may not agree with all they do, but fear is not a factor. there are many countries that I could say I would live in fear if I were there.
  11. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

I know, damned Iranians.
  12. wallflower

What are you implying?
  13. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I think the main goal of all governments today are to keep the people fearful so that they will stay in line.
    But you can't fight fire with fire. Fear is not the answer. Love is the answer. Never doubt yourself. Follow what you know is right no matter how many people give you weird looks or tell you that you are wrong. You say you don't know how you can be schizophrenic. Well you know that you are not, so that is enough. If someone else tells you that you are, let it be enough that you know you aren't. You aren't what other people say you are. You are only what you say you are.

I have heard of this too. It CAN be a form of brainwashing I think. But not always. Guess you just have to use precaution.
  14. blinky

blinky Active Member

you mean in the "new world order" sense? <- That whole thing scares me. i don't believe any of us are living in freedom right now, just perceived freedom. I believe it'll all only get worse, we'll lose what little "freedoms" we still have in the name of security, unnecessary exaggerated security. rambling
  15. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

When comparing it to other governments, no. I feel very fortunate to live here.

Maybe that statement is just the brainwashing though! Now you have me paranoid, haha.
  16. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

I'm not afraid of the government but I don't trust it.
  17. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I have two bumper stickers.1) support our troops!don't do to them what you did towards the viet nam vets.2) fear is not an option! I agree that those scumbags who are attacking everyone who stands against them, we won't take there shit!! Anyhow I am happy to care enough about being a former Marine that I can say I support you Who are active duty...Good Luck and happy hunting!!
  18. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Here in the great but imperfect representative republic US of A our citizens legally carrying firearms thwart violent crime and rarely commit it. Bad guys always get their hands on guns no matter the country or how prohibitive it's gun laws are.
    I don't agree with the death penalty, I agree with decades long sentences of hard labor. Criminals are in prison for sociopathic, lazy and irresponsible behavior.
    The UK has nuclear weapons too. They are unfortunately a necessary deterrent to non- democratic aggressors. No democracy has ever invaded another democracy.
    What animal cruelty? The UK doesn't have illegal animal fighting or inhumane factory farms?
    The United States does not have a hopelessly inefficient and failing western European style system of socialized medicine- yet and hopefully it never will. Our health care system is imperfect, some unfortunate people fall through the cracks but it is the best in the world. Oil Sheiks with bundles of money to burn come almost exclusively to the US to receive the safest and most effective medical procedures in the world.
    The United States is the most generous country in the world in donating money, medical and logistical aid to less fortunate and third world countries. The average American citizen like any other citizen of a relatively affluent democracy does unfortunately fall prey to self- absorption, popular culture and consumerism.
  19. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

I wish to envoke my fifth amendment rights at this time..wait, let me
    check...(we still have the fifth amendment? yeah? ok, thanks! )
    ok, yeah, I be layin the 5th on y'all at this juncture :)

hmmmm....potentially controversial thread. not your question, no.
    didn't mean that. but I saw some 'interesting' answers....conflicting
    stuff, like....see my next post!
  20. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

well, I agree with ya about gun control. gun control is supposed to
    mean hitting what you are aiming at. and as old as the cliche now is,
    you already said it, succinctly and clearly and intelligently. if guns is
    outlawed, only outlaws has ze guns. not groovy. not good. unacceptble
    AND unconstitutional.

as far a nukes go, I thought everyone and their grandmother had nukes.
    all the while our government is busy saber rattling about IRAN (a former
    US ally in case anyone forgot) about IRAN building a nuke, pakistan
    gots em, India gots em. India? what do they need with nukes? oh well,
    better safe than sorry? hell, EVERYBODY has nukes. north korea, there's
    a stable government...let's see. well, nukes been a fact of life since
    I was a wee bairn. really all ya got to do is jump underneath yer school desk
    and sing the "duck and cover" song :)

also, I agree about the health care. it's a crap shoot, literally. for the
    most part, I'll take US healthcare over any other place in the world,
    bar none. it aint perfect. but it tries. and in more cases than not comes
    close. the tragedy of the mishaps is hard to overlook, particularly if one happens
    to find onesself amoung the statistics of the mishaps.

good post. i was agreeing with you, not arguing.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.