afraid to call a hotline again

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by undercoverlover, Apr 1, 2013.

1. undercoverlover

undercoverlover Well-Known Member

i called a suicide prevention hotline because i really needed someone to talk to and it was so late at night so i couldnt talk to any friends. it was nervewracking making a phone call in the first place and when they picked up they sounded bored out of their mind. they didnt want to be there or talk to me and it seemed like they didnt care either. i had a panic attack and hung up and honestly im afraid to call a hotline again. it makes me so angry. i thought they were there to listen to me but they didnt even want that.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Like in ever profession hun you will always get one or two who does not do their job well hun. I hope you do call again hun because there are so many kind crisis workers hun don't judge them all by that one ok hugs
  3. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Over the years I've found crisis line call takers vary tremendously. This is understandable but very upsetting when we are desperate. Do try again. Sometimes just waiting a few hours and trying again can get you someone else. In the UK calling from a mobile means that different centres take the calls. If you can afford the cost try latter.
  4. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

I would keep trying, okay some can be complete arseholes. I have dealt with a few so I know how you feel. You just have to remember that you don't know them from adam and vice versa, so you can really let it out how you are feeling and explain to them your problems and hopefully things will improve for you shortly.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Keep trying, in my time calling crisis lines 99% of the time they have been very helpful and supportive, but I have had a few bad apples! So I'd definitely suggest giving it another try.
  6. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

You may have to explain your circumstances a a couple of times to them but afterwards you may feel a lot better. But if you feeling that desperate then please seek assistance from your dr or a+e services.
  7. undercoverlover

undercoverlover Well-Known Member

i called again last night because i couldnt sleep and had a much better experience. thank you all so much!