After 7 weeks, I had a drink....

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Maaso, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maaso

Maaso Well-Known Member

I had a glass of wine the other day,

I dont think I will go back to drinking a complete bottle every night again. I dont think it will get out of control, and I dont feel I will need a drink before I start my day anymore.

I never wanted to just up and quit drinking, I dont know why I did actually. I dont really regret it either though. I was never a "problem drunk" nor did I cause any trouble. I would go to school drunk, work, USPSA shooting matches, no matter what I did I was always under the influence. And 99% of the time, if I didnt tell anybody they would have never known.

Now, I dont want to go back to being the old me...theres no way in hell I can afford that anymore. But I would like to occasionally have a drink, a drink with my friends on the weekend, a drink with my parents when(if) they take me out to a nice dinner, an ice cold Miller Lite at the lake.

Is that wrong?
  2. p3cky

p3cky Account Closed

that isn't wrong at all but be aware of relapse but if you think you can control it but must of us can't even though we think we can. but good luck
  3. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Those words don't even go together. You went to pistol shooting matches DRUNK and think that's not a problem?? When does it become a problem?AFTER an accident? When guns are involved that means after someone is hurt or killed. Is that what it would take for you to admitt there's a problem there?

Buddy, you've got a problem big time. For the record NO, you can't become one of those people that can just occasionally have a drink. If that was possible for you then you would not have had a problem with getting drunk so much in the first place. You may be thinking you can because you just had the one drink of wine and didn't get out of control. And next time it will just be two drinks and it won't get out of control, then it will be three drinks, then four, then more, then more... Whoops what happened? The same thing that happens to EVERYONE who had a drinking problem and then thought they could control it. They can't. And you will NOT be the exception. There is only ONE way a problem drinker can control his drinking. To NEVER have that first drink.

I know because I've been there and so have millions of other problem drinkers. And I know exaclty what you're thinking. You think it's different for you. You can FEEL it can't you? That's exactly the thing that shows it's not different for you. Because know this, every other drinker thought EXACTLY the same thing. They could FEEL it was different for them too. The very act of thinking that make you the same as the everyone else with a drinking problem. As I said, you will not be the exception.

From what I read here your probably young and are going to try it anyway despite my advice. I can only hope after that DUI or some other problem that comes up from the drinking that you learn faster than most of us do. It took me a while. I wish I had learned sooner. I really do.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.