After affects are just a new low

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Libertine, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Libertine

Libertine New Member

Failed attempts have just made me feel worse than I did to get me to that point. Spotted walking off down the train tracks someone informed the police who stopped the trains running and set out a search party only to find me sat under a bridge wondering why a train hadn't come yet. Detained and locked up just made me feel so much worse about myself, a feeling of being so pathetic I can't even take my own life. Feelings of being useless just made worse and friends and family just think I'm mental and don't want to be around me anymore. I wish that stranger hadn't spotted me, then I wouldn't be here dwelling in self pity
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Really what the police should have done was take you to hospital to get mental health assessment Police can be so stupid that is what people are trying to teach these cops that locking someone up mentally ill only worsens things Why the hell didn't they take you for help i don't get it. Take care next time take yourself to hospital and tell t hem you want to die and you will get help you need instead of being incarcerated.
  3. Pixi

Pixi Member

Please walk into a hospital & tell them. I understand as I also felt too stupid to do that as I wasn't sure what to expect - fearing being just locked up as a nutter or something. I couldn't reach out after years of suffering. Instead, I attempted suicide and ended up in emergency for 4 days anyway. I was discharged earlier today. Now I have people falling over themsleves to help - in a way that has suprised me - they actually DO care and get you what you need, which is intensive HELP. Please just tell them and don't live with the damage you might cause to your body - there is no need at all. Had I asked for help, I probably could have saved myself 20+ years of hell & massive medical trauma. In the end - it was almost too easy to get the help I had feared.

Jumping in front of a train would put 100's of innocent lives at risk and scarr the driver for life - that's not on. Just because we get suicidal doesn't give us the right to take others with us. Please just rock up at emergency & tell them - your world will change & you'll be glad in a way you can't understand right now. Love & blessings to you.
  4. akito38

akito38 Member

I have attempted a few times as well. and I agree when you fail its a new low. And before that you thought you were already at rock bottom. I understand it well. I personally fear if I get any lower than I have in the past I will truly lose my mind.
  5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

It's true when you hot a new low after fialing. Even when I was in the hospital, I was looking for ways to carry through to completion, but it's hard, since they take measures to keep you from doing it.

I wanted to end it so badly when I was in the hospital, but I couldn't find an effective way to do it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.