After An Attempt...

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by stephcab25, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephcab25

stephcab25 Active Member

I have a friend that attempted on Monday night, and I personally, have not, so I need some advice.

Do you guys mind when people visit you in the hospital following an attempt?

My friend is very very popular so loads of people have been visiting her.

The problem is, these people dont necessarily have experience with suicide or with depression, mental health, etc.

And I do.

I just want to go visit her and take it easy and not make a big deal of things, for a change.

But I dont know if I should just wait until she's gotten into an inpatient program or what.

Dont want to overwhelm or smother her.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi i think if you can go quieter time when noone else is there that would mean alot to her just keep it light as you say sometimes in the evening when it is quiet and noone comes around is the best time hugs

3. stephcab25

stephcab25 Active Member

Thanks for the advice. I am actually going to see her this evening, after-all.

So hopefully there wont be many there.

We'll see.

I'm just gonna keep it light.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I know she will appreciate your kindness hugs to you i hope you to are okay hugs

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Anytime we are in trouble, it is comforting to know ppl care about us...visit her and take your leads from how she is acting...the best thing we can do for anyone is to show our love...J

6. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

These people want to help your friend out no matter if they don't have experience with dealing with suicidal people help is always welcomed. You need to help your friend stop this vicious cycle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.