After effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lestat

I took a overdose with about < Mod Edit: Methods > type pills and when I was found and taken to the hospital I had a fit.

I am now out as you can guess but its been days now and my back is still hurting, and my arm comes out of the socket if I move it sometimes... very painful.

I also have problems with my lungs or kidneys as when i sneeze or something like that I have loads of pain.

Is this normal? Or is it something else I need to get fixed? I also bit part of my tongue off which just sucks, so maybe this can give some people some reasons not to do it.

I have more problems but these are the big ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

nedflanders

A seizure can leave you feeling pretty banged up, with lots of muscle pain. A few days of stretching, hot baths, and rest should greatly ease your discomfort.

Too bad you hard to learn the hard way that the main advantage SSRIs have over tricyclic antidepressants is not their effectiveness, but rather their greatly reduced toxicity. So it's very difficult to put yourself in any great danger by overdosing Prozac.

rojomi

Banned Member
Except the arm thing, depending on what happened. I fell down the stairs 2 months ago and banged myself up pretty well. My thumbs both were sore.
Waited a couple of days then went to an urgent care center, not the emergency room. Anyhow they took x-rays and turned out the left thumb was broken. had a cast for 6 wks. So if you have any doubts about the arm your health department should be able to x-ray it for you. Broken bones that go untreated can result in a lifetime of problems w/ same.

LILICHIPIE

< Mod Edit - Specifics > thats very dangerous for ur liver. keep that in mind.
not to be cruel but overdosing on pills wont ever kill you, it will only kill your organs and you will be ending with a damaged liver or cancer later..whats worse?
TAKE CARE be kind to urself

I ODd on a bucketload of antidepressants. Fortunately I vomited most of it straight up. But I still suffered liver damage, and a hellof a lot of embarrassment.

< Mod Edit - quoted edited post > thats very dangerous for ur liver. keep that in mind.
not to be cruel but overdosing on pills wont ever kill you, it will only kill your organs and you will be ending with a damaged liver or cancer later..whats worse?
TAKE CARE be kind to urself
pills can easily kill you, don't lie, somone may read it, and learn the hard way pills can and will kill.

LILICHIPIE

wasnt sayin that to encourage someone. thats a fact man SSRIs never make u pass away. used to in the 50s with the barbs. all u risk is itching, being bad up to a week, damaging ur liver and feeling ever more depressed. < Mod Edit >. and thats cool because we would have all passed away!

Shyfear

wasnt sayin that to encourage someone. thats a fact man SSRIs never make u pass away. used to in the 50s with the barbs. all u risk is itching, being bad up to a week, damaging ur liver and feeling ever more depressed. < Mod Edit - Quoted edited post > and thats cool because we would have all passed away!
Actually my sister killed herself with < Mod Edit >. It wasnt due to liver damage because she didnt have jaundice and she died very soon after taking the pills. It's not impossible. If you have the right dose you can kill yourself with anything, unfortunately.

On a side note, Barbiturates are anxiolytics, not SSRI's. Very different.

Lestat

wasnt sayin that to encourage someone. thats a fact man SSRIs never make u pass away. used to in the 50s with the barbs. all u risk is itching, being bad up to a week, damaging ur liver and feeling ever more depressed. its the mixture that kills not SSRIs in itself. and thats cool because we would have all passed away!
If I was not found I was told that I would have died as the sezure knocked me out.

But your right, it was stupid and its screwed me up (Weeks after still in pain)

nedflanders

wasnt sayin that to encourage someone. thats a fact man SSRIs never make u pass away. used to in the 50s with the barbs.
Just to clarify--barbituate (such as Valium) prescriptions were very common back in the 1950s, and valium OD is quite dangerous. That's why it's rarely used today.

But there was/is another class of drugs that were formerly used widely, but are no longer--tricyclic antidepressants (like Norpramin). Tricyclic OD is also quite dangerous.

Selective serotinin reuptake inhibitors (the first, Prozac, was approved around 1990) are FAR less dangerous in overdose. That's their great advantage, and why they're broadly used to treat depressives today. (They also tend to create fewer problems with lack of interest in sex, which is also a plus, at least for those who can get some :) SSRIs' actual efficacy in fighting depression isn't any greater than the tricyclics'.

And finally, note that antidepressants are not terribly effective drugs. Typical remission rates with antidepressant treatment (this goes for tricyclic, SSRI, and the other antidepressants like Wellbutrin) are barely distinguishable from placebos. If these were antibiotics, they never would have been approved. But they're (slightly) better than nothing, so we try them anyway.

kitai16

My last few overdoses put me in hospital and I was told I would've died if I hadn't gone there. A friend of mine apparently called an ambulance for me as he was concerned about me and if I'd left the hospital they would've got police to find me and bring me back. I didn't want to end-up strapped to a bed or something, so I had to just stay and let them do whatever they needed to. But even then, they weren't sure if it is was actually gonna work because it was hours and hours and hours since I'd taken the third overdose.

I didn't care at the time. Part of me wanted to live, but for one reason and one reason alone (which hasn't happened yet). But mostly, I wanted to die in that hospital. For many reasons (one main one). Imagine my joy when I ended-up having an allergic reaction to the treatment they started me on. Well, it was less joyful and more relief and a sence of peace. I thought I wasn't going to be "saved" and it gave me such a peaceful feeling inside. I just had to wait to die now.

But then they gave me some other stuff to combate that and continued on with the treatment. Great. ¬_¬ Still, they weren't sure if it was gonna work, so I just had to wait and see.

I was in hospital much longer than they thought I was gonna be. Everyday they were saying I'd very likely be out later that day, or the next day, etc. But I wasn't. My bloods just weren't coming back showing results they were hoping for, so I was in there much longer than they'd planned.

For me, the time in there was spent wishing for one of two things to come to me. But neither one did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00