After much hesitation...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Eric, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

I've decided to join. Not because I'm feeling suicidal or have contemplated anything similar to it. I remember checking out this forum for "x" reason a long time ago and contemplated joining, but for some reason I didn't. I remembered the forum today and I decided to join.

Reason? Beats me really. In a completely non-offensive way, I find this forum interesting, compelling even. I remember dealing with a slitter once...not happy memories since I wasn't the best person ever back then. I couldn't understand her and insisted on being a realistic person rather than a comforting one. That's in the past though, she got over her problems and we're still in good terms.

I may not be able to give proper advice to anyone, but I still feel like joining this community for some reasons.

Hope to see you all around, the work you do is admirable, really.

By the way, my real name's not Eric. Out of fear of being "stalked" by people I know, I'll use this alias for the time being.
  2. Dubstepper

Dubstepper Staff Alumni

:welcome: "Eric"

hope you enjoy everyone here...we hope you can become a great help, and get help here as you need.

btw, great to meet you in chat
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum Eric :welcome:
  4. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Welcome to SF Eric! I hope you find alot of support here. I consider this home away from home many days. If you need anything please don't hesitate.

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I hope you find what you are searching for.
  6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum.
    Will be good to see you around :)
  7. daniel2

daniel2 Banned Member

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the forum. You never really said why you are here. I for one am uncomfortable being observed as some science project. If your purpose is altruistic forgive me for being suspicious of your motives. But if you are here as some voyeur observing suicidal behavior then I'm not comfortable with you being here.

*note: this is from the faq
    • SF is not the place for fundraising, experiments, research studies or advertising activities. Any such requests will be deleted.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2008
  8. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

Welcome welcome to the forum =P
  9. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

@Danny: I'm definitely not doing the latter, my apologies if my presence makes you uncomfortable. I still don't know why I felt compelled to join this forum, and yet, here I am.

I can offer advice to the best of my abilities, but I'm afraid I'm not very good at that.
  10. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Hey :smile:
    Welcome to the forum, hope to see you around,
  11. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
    Sure i will see you around sometime :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.