After my therapist appointment

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by NoNamesPlease, May 23, 2016.

1. NoNamesPlease

NoNamesPlease Active Member

I had my thetapist appointment today. I was given the name of a group that might have a support group i could attend. I called and found out they only do two groups a year, and the spring one just ended.

Saturday i called a shelter to get help leaving my boyfriend. I was told that sexual abuse was consensual at my age and 8n my circumstances. My bf loans me out to other Dominant men as punishment. I want out of this lifestyle.

Sunday I called to see if i could attend an aa group just for support. I do not drink and told them that. I was told not to even try to attend.

So thats 3 doors shut in my face. Im trying so hard not to. My therapist said she could not handle me alone any more...the reason for seeking a group.
  2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I am sorry that your therapist said that.
    Are there other shelters or resources that you can call?
  3. SweetSarah68

SweetSarah68 Active Member

You need to get out of that situation. You are a human being not a sex toy. Do you have family or a place you can go to?
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Sexual abuse is NEVER consenual no matter how much you try to dress the term up. You are a human being, you deserve to be treated like one. Please do the right thing and leave your ''boyfriend'' and get refuge somewhere, do you have any close friends that are nothing to do with these horrible ''affairs'' going on. You need to put your foot down and have your boyfriend face the wrath of justice. This would destroy anyone and you have done nothing to deserve this kind of treatment. Try and stay at a siblings or cousins, i'm sure they will want to help you out when they know whats going on. The shelter should be ashamed of themselves and shut down if they for one second think this is normal behaviour and acceptable. This sickens me to my stomach. Maybe the police can help you find somewhere to stay. You need to keep yourself safe and remember you are not disposable or a sex toy but a lovely person with horrible stuff going on in your life. You deserve to be helped so please keep on reaching out. I wish you all the best.
  5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

While sexual consent is implied in having sex at your age you absolutely have the right to refuse to participate in any lifestyle choices any more and then any sort of physical issues are simply abuse and certainly can call police and if you say no it to person it does not matter what your husband says it is still rape.

You can choose to stop participating and say are done and be emphatically clear that lifestyle is done and you will call police and follow through but you cannot play the part and then claim it was against your will because you no longer want to but also do not want to say no. The point is it needs to be clear.

Decide what your life is going to be and say it clearly to your partner in a public place and make clear you have already spoken to police and shelters and they made clear you can opt out so if he has an issue it is already out in open so he doesn't have the leverage he thinks he does as a secret.
  6. Striking

Striking Well-Known Member

If you feel that you are in danger by refusing I fail to see how that is consensual.

I have no idea where you live but mental health support groups take place in many places. Call a crisis line for assistance in finding one.
  7. SweetSarah68

SweetSarah68 Active Member

Dear NoNamesPlease, are you in a safe place now? have you left that horrible situation? I think of you and it saddens me to think of the abuse you are enduring. If you haven't already, please leave and never go back!
  8. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

You have the freedom to leave.