after suicide we'll still be depressed

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jonsmith, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonsmith

jonsmith Well-Known Member

Unless the afterlife is a black abyss of no consiousness we will still be depressed. It's likely we will retain our earthly memories untill we choose to reincarnate and go back to Earth. Which i would not want to do. Hence, we will be just as depressed dead as we are now. even in death there will be no peace.

In March i will be 53. Life has been lonelier and more dissapointing than i even feared it would be. I have been alone on every thanksgiving and christmas of my life. on christmas eve i will be listening to george michaels "last chistmas" like i do every year. i'll be working of course. driving the limo. at the end of my shift i will go home alone and remain alone.

i know it sounds like i complain alot. but almost 53 years of isolation and dissapointment will do that to you. you young people. imagine how you'd feel if 25 more years passed and you still, unceasingly feel the way you do now......that's me. unbearable solitary life. so terribly unhappy

2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

So then WHY???

I personally feel that the end is the end. It is like going to sleep, no dreams, and no awakening. How can that be better than fighting???

As an avid RUSH fan, I recommend this music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lku_7m50QRU

3. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

I think you're right, jonsmith. I don't know what I believe comes afterwards, but I'm sure we don't lose ourselves. Everything is energy, and we are energy, what makes us "us" is energy - you can't destroy energy, only change it. I'm not religious, but I am "spiritual" - I have to be, after all the things I've experienced in life. I'd rather hope that, when I go, I will at least be at peace afterwards (or perhaps stick around and harass people for a bit - that may be fun). I wouldn't want to carry my hurt, anger, loneliness and regret with me. Thank you for that "food for thought." :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.