After-Thoughts

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by MikhailOfGilead, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikhailOfGilead

MikhailOfGilead New Member

After attempts I would be glad to be alive, but at the same time angry at myself that I was so weak I couldn't finish myself. I also would feel very guilty that I even thought of hurting my family by ending it, which actually put me lower into a pit.

Its been months since my last attempt but I feel myself slipping back into that pit I worked so hard to dig myself out of.

2. GaiaMischief

GaiaMischief Well-Known Member

I can tell you right now your family doesn't blame you for what happened.

And the fact that you have family that you think would have been hurt by your loss is a very good thing. They obviously care about you and love you very much. Try to hang onto that until these feelings pass.

3. MikhailOfGilead

Thank you for reinforcing those thoughts in my head. It's definitely easy to see that when I'm calm like I am right now. It's just these nights alone that have been really getting to me.

4. GaiaMischief

That's where friends and family really help. I found it very moving when a friend told me straight up when I was depressed how he would have felt if he had called to be with me one day and my parents had told him I had taken my own life.

I find that very often we overlook how much we mean to other people, especially when we become teenagers and beyond. It doesn't mean that you're selfish or anything like that, it's just that when you grow to be a certain age the affection that exists between people and their parents/friends becomes very much unspoken and only becomes truly apparent when someone asks or it's forced out by an event.

5. demonhunter999

demonhunter999 Well-Known Member

What is the point in hurting people? Hurt yourself, fine, but don't hurt other people.

6. MikhailOfGilead

I don't know what it is, but when I even think about talking to friends or family about things besides retarded nonsense I choke on my words. The only time I've truly gotten things out is when I was in the hospital. Ever since I got out it seems like everyones just trying to forget about and its just become impossible to bring up.

I definitely believe what you say about love being shown when a situation forces it out. I didn't really believe my mom cared about me until I ended up in the hospital.

Wow you're very much like talking to a counselor. lol. Thank you.

7. GaiaMischief

No problem. Thank you, as well, for the compliment, it makes me feel great when I know I was able to help someone. :smile:

Let us know if you have anything else on your mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.