again?!??... REALLY?!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by KittyGirl, Mar 14, 2010.

1. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

XD
    Oh my GOD! >< ARGHHH!!

A friend of mine directed me to a modeling agency who is recently looking for models in my area.
    I've done minimal modeling before-- I know there are many restrictions because I tend to hover just above model measurements- and am not nearly big enough to be a plus size model... but this is just PISSING ME OFF!!

I contacted the agency and spoke with a woman over the phone who asked for me to send in my portfolio and fill out their profile requirements.
    To do this; I had to weigh myself...
    I am just *barely* tall enough- which is fine... but I'm also 15lbs over their required weight.
    My profile was accepted, but I need to lose 15lbs before they can hire me on full time for the local promo thing... -__- which pays over $500 per week.
    I really want this. I want the money-- if I had it; even a PORTION of the pay-- I wouldn't get kicked out at the beginning of next month!!

It's SO frustrating!! I fucking HATE modeling agencies!! AHHH!!! ><
    Don't they realize that doing live promotions (like coors light camps, and things like that...)- most men prefer their women with a bit of meat?! lol
    MEAT, I SAY!!

...anyways... I'm going to go for it. The job only lasts 3 weeks; but I'd make enough to last me for the next 3 months if I could work all 3 weeks of the camp.
    Damn this average body of mine for not being stick thin!! XD

(thought I'd add... the pay is $500 per week; and the only hours required to work are on the weekends. Friday and Saturday for a grand total of 10 hours. Damn... that's good pay T__T)

2. boo

boo Well-Known Member

$500 per week!?!? do they take butt models? thats the only part that looks good from me...

3. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

no argument from me

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

tell them to get with the times no one wants to see stick models they want to see healthy models

5. KittyGirl

><
    Well... if I were someone they'd beg to do the work- I *would* tell them off.
    Unfortunately; I've got zero pull and am kinda... desperate for the work.
    So I've got to do it. -___-
    I do agree with you though!
    Certainly!
    All through film school; we were working in preparation to use healthy image models and actresses. It was actually a requirement that the models look healthy-- but working in the real world; and not in college... it seems that they still want super thin/frail girls.

Of course--- some people are naturally that thin and lanky, but the fact that it's used as a general image and girls of all sizes will see the photos/ads/whatever; as the 'perfect woman' is unreasonable.

This event is not a photoshoot or anything; though there will probably be pictures taken during the event-- it's a camp where the girls (models) will prance around as objects. Yep- that still happens; and it happens quite a bit in the entertainment industry.
    I'll be required to-as they say- 'act flirty and fun. Smile at all times and pose for photographs with the contest winners.'

Makes me feel kinda sick. kinda really sick.
    I really REALLY need the money right now. McDonalds won't even hire me... so I don't have much choice, if this is the only work I can get, do I? :dry:

...I could really go for some :cake:
    lol

6. Stormhand

Stormhand Well-Known Member

Good luck wiht this Kitty, I hope you get it.

7. KittyGirl

I'm supposed to go for a 'uniform' fitting and weigh-in tomorrow.
    Obviously; I haven't had time to lose any weight...
    if they try to use my 15 extra pounds as an excuse not to hire me, I'm going to start kicking some asses!! -____-
    ...I also chopped off all of my hair since I had my portfolio photo taken-- so they may want to reject me for my hairstyle choice as well.

advice for anyone else who wants to get into acting/modeling when they grow up.... don't. :mad: