again

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Asylum Project, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asylum Project

Asylum Project Well-Known Member

Guys I have a problem, no I have a addiction, I cut again, I don't know if you understand tho, I know it's wrong, and I know I don't, but I need to do it, It's like I have a compulsion to do it. I get the thoughts and they wont go away unless I do it, idk I'm crazy compared to societies standards! Fuck

2. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

why can't we live life by i own standards? have come up on my mind alot lately, i don't know if it is of any use but i thought i would share it.

3. HateMeToday

HateMeToday Active Member

I'm just as crazy lol, i'm sure most self harmers know how you feel i know i do, i've been cutting for 5 years, i don't really know what to say but i wish i could stop everyone from cutting, starting or continuing cuz it's soooo not with the scars, it recently just hit me that i'll never be able to wear short sleeves again, i have to wear long sleeves shirts and shorts when swimming, it sucks beyond belief.

4. Denikin

Denikin Well-Known Member

Why would it be "wrong"? In itself, it is a way to cope with other problems. Not the best, that's for sure. So what are those other problems? If you don't tackle them first, just stopping SI won't give you much.

SI liberates endorphin, a neurotransmitter. It is the "active element" of it. That is what creates the effect of relief, or even euphoria. Maybe try to exercise? It stimulates endorphin production in your body, and it is a much better way to deal with stress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.