again..

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by nonethelessjaclyn, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nonethelessjaclyn

nonethelessjaclyn Well-Known Member

I know i'm skinny. I know i don't need to lose weight. But i feel like i have to.

I've been very insecure about my body within the past few years. I feel even worse about my body because i weigh more than my boyfriend. We're close in weight, He's 109 and i'm 112.. he has a thyroid condition and i just hate that i weigh more than him. It shouldn't bother me this much. I've had an eating disorder once before, and i fear that i may go back to that. I really need some advice or some quick ways to lose weight that's healthy.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

how about getting your boyfriend to gain some weight get him to eat some more so he is not so thin You do not need to lose weight you can exercise but remember muscle weighs more okay so you may just have more muscle the bf
    take care of you okay.

3. Roots

Roots Well-Known Member

I understand how you feel, and I know that no matter what advice I give - it wouldn't change the way you feel about this matter right now. But I'll write what I'm thinking anyway, because I can relate.

You weigh very little, you know, and you know that you're already skinny. I'm sure that you look great and that your boyfriend loves the way you look. You write that he has a condition which is the cause for his low weight. I'm betting that he would want to weigh more if it was possible, but since he's sick ... He wouldn't want you to get sick too.

Being skinny isn't everything, but being healthy is. One thing we know is that the most unhealthy thing we can do is to not eat (or not eat enough).

I'm the world's biggest hypocrite, because I've been doing the exact same thing, because I didn't want to "be bigger than" my boyfriend (he's quite skinny also, so I felt pressure). But the thing is, he wants me to have a butt and boobs, so that makes me want to be the way I am right now. Healthy (sometimes), or at a healthy weight at least. :p

Sorry, I'm just writing straight out what I'm thinking. You don't need to lose weight, at all. It would be better if you gained a few pounds, I'm sure (even though I don't know how tall you are, 112 is nothing!).

I'm not sure what I weigh right now, because I have no way to find out. ;) So that's my advice; get rid of the scale! And no, I don't gain more without the scale. I eat what I need, when I feel hungry, and I eat what I want. If I feel like I've gained some, I'll just be a little healthier for a while, until I feel better. You have no reason to be insecure with your body. You should tell your boyfriend, if you haven't already, so he can help you gain confidence! =)

It'll be okay :pinkrose:

Edit: And another thing - be careful with mirrors! : o They have a tendency to not show the truth.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
  4. nonethelessjaclyn

nonethelessjaclyn Well-Known Member

thank you violet
    and roots, that was amazing advice.
    you are right about everything, and my boyfriend and i had a talk and he's trying to gain weight and i'm still eating, but maybe a little less than i should to be honest.
    thank you both for the advice, i will try to do my best to stay healthy

and roots, it's true. mirrors do lie. whoever invented mirrors should be punched in the face.. lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.