Against My Better Judgement, I Went Back on Meds a While Back

As the title said, I went back on antidepressants (escitalopram to be exact). However, as also said, I'm not too proud of it. I don't like being a slave to meds and I don't like supporting the hyper corrupt medical and pharmaceutical industries anymore than I have to. However, things got bad. Real bad. And since I asked around and plenty of reliable people said it said it helped them (except one), I was considering trying it again more over time. Especially since I could afford it with insurance (unlike say, therapy). I've only started taking it a couple weeks ago though, so I'm not going to be seeing much of a difference yet. My dad and stepmom say they can, but barring them, I haven't gotten any feedback on it otherwise.

This still isn't stopping me from still mentally attacking myself or being able to justify "getting better". Stuff just got too bad for me to listen to that.

Last edited:

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi there, a couple of weeks is not enough, it can take 6 weeks for full effect. I remember i started on Sertraline in 2014 and i felt terrible for 4 weeks then 2 weeks later i felt a huge relief. I was able to do things i hadn't done in years.

Keep taking them is my suggestion, if it does not work you can try another, being able to afford them is a huge plus.

What else are you trying to try and help your depression?

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi there
I've also gone back on meds (fairly) recently after being off them for some 20 years. It was actually pointed out to me by someone else that maaaybe I needed to get back on something - and they were probably right. Could I make it without? Sure. And maybe you could too. But why go through that if we don't have to? Isn't it better to feel a little better without as much effort?
Why are you trying to shitbag your own efforts? You said you might try to make yourself feel worse. Just wondering what that's about.
I really wish you the best with the meds. It's doing pretty well for me so far. I think I'm on about ... 7 weeks?

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00