against their will

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ymar, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ymar

ymar New Member

Do you think it's OK to save somebody's life against their will?

2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

You are being pretty vague. But if we are talking about saving someone who is going to attempt suicide due to mental health problems, then yes it is ok, in my opinion.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...I would always want to act on the side of saving someone even if it would not be the most well received position...J

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Of course one would try to save another as who knows what other supports will come in place to help that person truly heal. Depression will always want one to leave to not think clearly so we have to think clearly for that person who is not well.

5. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

yeah you have got to try and help save someone

6. purpleAPY

purpleAPY Well-Known Member

i would feel like i broke the law or something if i let someone kill themselves...

my roommate told me (after i told her i was suicidal) that she felt she was doing something illegal by not telling someone else, like someone who could actually help me.

7. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

If some one told me they were suicidal i would try to help them in whatever way i could even if they hated me for it.
    I wouldnt expect the same back though
    Sorry im a hypocrite

8. BornAgain

BornAgain Well-Known Member

It's the more human, moral and ethical thing to do, imagine the emergency crew letting you die because you asked them to or a mother holding her bleeding daughter telling her, it's ok, I'm going to let you die, I will not stop you, holding her there for 7 hours until she bleed to death.

It will not be right and they could be facing murder or the guilt in their hearts would never go away, possibly turning them into the next victims.

I will pray for everyone to be always found by an angel and not let them die, the world can be a beautiful place if you let the change happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.