age range

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by LILLEEZ, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LILLEEZ

LILLEEZ New Member

hello all im new here and was wondering what seems to be the general age of you all here? im 30 am have been having a hard time lately, i feel kinda weird about being here cuz folks seem to think only young adults have issues. but i can relate to a lot of what some of you all are saying here. so if you don't mind what's the age range or folks here outta curiousity?

2. Will

Will Staff Alumni

To be honest, the age range is actually anywhere from 12-40, sometimes higher. Depends really, I mean I'm sure there are people over 40 here, and on a very rare case, peope under 12. While the majority is around 17-28, it doesn't mean there is not people above or below that range. There is also a forum made for this, where people over 30 can share their opinions and discuss things.

3. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

Most are youngsters yet quite a few are fully adults. There is a section dedicated to oldies which means from 30 years old and above where to discuss, vent, rant, share or else....

The section is called " The Gathering" and it can be found on the main page, just scroll down the page and you will find it. We meet in the " Antiquitie's Friends " section of the gathering.

See you there?

granny

4. down_and_low

down_and_low Active Member

I'm 20, so i guess i fit in the young adult range. But don't worry, i wouldn't say 30 was old at all, far from it!
    I did some research a few days ago on this, and it said the majority of people who suffer from suicidal thoughts are elderly. I found that really surprising! However, the trend is changing to be mainly teens - 40 something.
    I know there are more mature people on here, but people in my age range will still happily talk to you, you won't be left out!

Best

5. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

:hug:

6. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

I am 20, I think that is about the average age, but we seem to have posters anywhere from 13 - 55+

7. jamesbond

jamesbond Well-Known Member

ive said it before depression increases with age. i remember being very depressed at 20. wishing i was dead. i'm 47 NOW!! it never got better. i am close to concluding my cycle on earth will be a complete, lonley, miserable bust.

last night i dreamed about my ex and her piece of crap fiance.

I WILL NOT MISS THIS LIFE!

8. Kally101

Kally101 Member

I am 32. I was thinking the same thing. It seem like mostly people in there 20's are on here. I was beginning to foolish thinking like I do, because of my age.

9. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

a lot of people in here seem to be teenagers or in their early twenties..

10. scared_child

scared_child Account Closed

Im 15. And ive noticed that alot of people are around my age, or a little bit older. And there seems to be alot of people in their 30's. so, yeah...quite an age range.

11. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

I was suicidal when I was 22 and got out of it. then at 25, it happenned again. at 28, recurred. Now I'm 35 and "I'm going through it again. I guess i'll have it again and again and again until the day when I commit suicide. thats the way i think my life will end.

12. Up&down

Up&down Well-Known Member

I'm 44 been through loads but thankfully out the other end now.

13. incombustible2000

incombustible2000 Well-Known Member

14. Ipse_Dixit

Ipse_Dixit Well-Known Member

34 year old here...and that is about as old as i'm going to get

15. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

29 here.

The age group w/ the highest rate of suicide is the elderly, but not by a big margin, if I remember correctly.

16. SoulRiser

SoulRiser Well-Known Member

I'm 25. And 30 isn't old at all... I'll never get old! NEVER! I'm going to be mentally 13 for the rest of my life! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.