Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Sa Palomera, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Seriously I don't get it :sad:

I hear so many people around me saying that they find 20 old.
    Seriously... 20.... old???
    How can you say you're old at 20, when that's like one fourth of a human's lifespan? Okay 1/4 does sound.. old. but like 20!!! Come on!!! You've got years ahead of you!
    20 is not old.

20 isn't old, especially not seeing the average lifespan is somewhere around 80 or something. I don't need you telling me that you're old when you've got like 60 years ahead of you. Look at other people. What about those that only have the prospects of making it to 30 or so?
    And I especially don't like it when people say they're getting old, and then when I say "20 isn't old!" have them telling me that, if what I think is true, it definitely IS old for me! =/
    It is hurtful. I don't need people reminding me that I've lived 60% of my life already
  2. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

I don't consider a 22 year old person to be "old" either. Regardless, I constantly ask myself:

Where all the time went
    Why the so-called "best years of my life" have been terrible
    Why I feel as though I have been given my chance, failed at it, and that my life is now finished
  3. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I'm 20 and i'm often reminded that i'm no longer an adolescent. I hate being 20, I want to go back to being 16. I want to go back to being young, having people care for me and treating me like a child.

That may sound weird, I know.
  4. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

I feel the same way, Ruby :p

Not having responsibility kicked nine different kinds of ass. I didn't have a legitimate worry in the world when I look back from this view.
  5. ItThing

ItThing Well-Known Member

ain't that simple when the fucking fucked up fucking educational fucking system won't fucking let you fucking live in the moment. And thank's for nothing overly ambitious students. :mad: Is it terrible to get A's and B's in regular classes and not try to do better?
  6. music

music Well-Known Member

i couldn't have said it better....i feel the exact same way and oddly have never heard anyone else say that.
  7. I am 25 years old, and I feel much older than I am. Also, I am so tired.
  8. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Gimme a break. If you REALLY look back at when you were in your teens, was it all that great? I mean, yeah, you didn't have many responsibilities, but then again, you had school 8 hours a day. You had no money. You relied on everyone else in your life for transportation, food, money, clothing, etc., which all sounds great, but think about it. I can go wherever I want, whenever I want. Same goes for the food I eat and the clothes I wear. When I have to go and do certain tasks for hours a day, I get fuckin' paid to do it. If I want to slop down a sleeve of Oreos in bed and wash it down with a quart of Vodka, I do it. If I hate the people I work with, I can get a different job and never see those assholes again. If I wake up hungry at 4 o'clock in the morning, I can drive my ass to IHOP and scarf a stack of pancakes and bacon. I can live where I want and do what I want. I can watch whatever I want on television at whatever time I want. I don't have to clean my damn room unless I fucking feel like it.

Being an adult is awesome.

The only thing that might be better is college. I got paid to live with a bunch of other kids, go to class for 3 hours a day and experiment with various combinations of drugs and alcohol.

But now I actually EARN the money I use to do all of those things, so it's kind of self-satisfying in that sanse :laugh: Candy's bad for me, really? I'll eat a damn Snickers bar whenever the fuck I feel like it and then smoke some cigarettes.

If I were having indiscriminate sex and my Mom walked in, I could say, "Hey Mom! Get the hell out of my room. I'm TRYING to have some indiscriminate sex here, if you don't mind."

Personally, I like being a grown-up. My only regret is that I don't like candy as much as I used to.
  9. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

Lack of respect on both those younger you are those older you are just a kid....truth is it's only a damn number.
  10. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Here's what I think: I'm 28 and it'snot that I think I'm old, it's that I feel old. I know 28 is still young, but wiht things I've been through and how much my body kills me at night I feel old. I know if I took better care of myself I'd probably feel differently.
  11. Just_a_guy

Just_a_guy Well-Known Member

life begins at forty :D
  12. fanda

fanda Guest

Age is only a number, however the age you feel is really where you are. Im in my 20's but seriously feel in my 40's. To old to do anything and to young to stop. Age is so much pressure. :wallbash:
  13. Random

Random Well-Known Member

You may feel old now but everyone does at whatever age they are. 10 years from now, you'll which you could go back to being 20 again. And ten years from then, you'll wish you could be 30 again.

Age adds experience. And experience (with it's attendant newfound knowledge) tends to make prior experience seem trivial. I think now that I was immature when I was 24. When I was 24, of course, I realized how immature I was at 14.
  14. Sa Palomera

:sad: :sad: I hope that ain't true.
  15. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll be 21 later this month and sort of feel old. I can't believe I'm going to be 21 soon!!! :sad:

I think its probably because I never had a good conclusion to my childhood and I haven't been raised well at all.

I've been extremely very, extremely sheltered and missed out on so many things others my age have done. So I am very underdeveloped and so behind and inferior to everyone else, which is the cause of my depression.

So I may have the intelligence that suits my age, but not the maturity and so I turn 21 when others my age are so far ahead of me in things they've done, experiences, accomplishments, skills, etc. and of course it makes me sad. Not going to be a happy birthday for me. And then of course, all the other people are so happy on their 21st birthday and I am the only one not. Why do I have to be different from everyone else, the only one that sticks out?
  16. Sa Palomera

this damn thread makes me upset :cry:
    Why did I even start it :sad: I should've known better :dry:
  17. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Requested to be closed by OP.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.