Agoraphobia

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Scubakiki, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scubakiki

Scubakiki Active Member

Anyone else have this? I'm in the beginning stages and struggling pretty bad. :(

2. roewanne

roewanne Guest

between you and i having the same meds...guess what i am agoraphobic. i understand your struggle. i really dont have any thing positive to add. if you find anything that actually helps let me know i would apreciate it.... ps please dont tell me to have a cup of tea.

3. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

I have it, it's horrible. :sad:

4. sosotired

sosotired Well-Known Member

Yes I have it, my life is the internet, I dont go out.

5. Yeah, ive got it.

Its awful, but you aint alone. :hug:

6. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I have it, I have been diagnosed for atleast 4 years. It's hard to deal with.....it's very hard to deal with. My heart goes out to you all. :hug: :hug: :hug:

7. Erika

Erika Account Closed

i think i had it. it went on for like 2 years. was very scary. but it replaced itself with the fears that i have now, eg: social anxiety.

I was 17 then anyway. it was such a scary experience i was in a constant state of fear and hypertension.

I didnt know anything about psychiatrists or medications then. Went through it completally on my own.

8. unzum

unzum Member

Hey. I've got slight agoraphobia as well.

It used to be a lot lot worse a few years ago. I never wanted to leave the house, even just to go with my family to the cinema. I also started skipping school because I didn't want to go outside.

I never got any help for it. I just decided that I needed to get over this and I forced myself to go outside. It wasn't a very pleasant thing to make myself do though.

Maybe you could try talking to a counsellor or a friend about this? I think gradually getting used to going outside can help but it's better if you have someon to talk to about it, share your progress etc.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. Just know that you aren't alone, there are tons of people suffering from agoraphobia.

9. Brokenx

Brokenx Active Member

I also have it, i have had it like 8 months now, i also have depression and anxiety.
    I feel so alone, i have noone to support me & my family make a joke out of it.

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I also have it, my family also make a joke of it, you're not alone sweetie :hug: feel free to pm me if you wanna talk x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.