agrophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.

neohume

i'd guess theres allready a thread, sorry ???

this has kind of crept up on me. after a year of 'depression' .
i'm very much a 'shut in' now, i cant answer a phone, or the door.
i have to go to the shop's etc,but i find it hard to do even that.
last time i was with friends i was violent towards one of them.
well, my friends don't call anymore, and strangely i don't care,
i seem happy to be isolated.
i genuinely dont care about having no interraction with other people,
but i understand that probably isnt a good thing.

anyone have the same issue? how do i move on?

KittyGirl

I haven't been able to move on yet-- but I believe that you need to accept who you are and gain confidence in yourself; then be able to trust and enjoy other people's company once again... before you can completely heal.

If you have anxiety when you go out; is it because you are around people-- or just because you are out of your safezone? What did this fear stem from?
I think the answer to these questions needs to be found before you can start to recover.

neohume

i see confidence and self esteem as different things. i've little self esteem and probably too much confidence in most cases. somehow that equates to disliking company.
some social incedents lately, ive noticed i get overly anxious.
i dont percieve a problem,i just worry sometimes about others thoughts on me.

ha oh well.. : ]

KittyGirl

I see...
Our situations are much different then.
I've no self esteem *or* confidence in myself
I'm paranoid of what others are thinking of me- and also that they might harm me in some way, so I keep my distance.

I would assume though-- since you do feel anxiety when you're in social situations that you are agoraphobic-- simply because I've got no other name for it.
If you are wanting to be around people more, then you should see your doctor about getting some anti-anxiety meds; because it may be caused by a chemical imbalance in your brain.
If you don't really care about being around people then that's fine, too-- continue as you are.

I find in most of my friends who have high IQ's that they dislike most people's company. I think it has something to do with being unable to fit in- or seeing other people as being insignificant. That's just natural, I would think...

anyways-- sorry for rambling. You can just ignore my totally if you'd like. XD

neohume

^not at all
i appreciate your thoughts, and agree. i do think i'm better than others, sadly not many agree lol
maybe i should think about that ; ]
ty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00