Ahhh, how?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by xXWhateverItTakesXx, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

I have a meeting on Wednesday with an Adolescent support worker. I have only met him once before (last week) and he just came round to say hi and introduce himself. The thing is, I find it VERY hard to talk about all my problems due to the recent split up with me and my counsellor.

I don't know how to tell him how I feel...:(

2. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Try writing down your feelings rather than talking about them. That way you can think carefully about how to say what you want to say. Also, try to explain to him how hard you find it to express your feelings - chances are he will understand this and not push you into talking about things until you are ready.

Give yourself time to open up, don't try and rush it all. If you HAVE to tell him stuff on wednesday, probably your best bets is writing it down, or at least planning out what you want to say before he comes.

Good luck :hug:
    :smile:

3. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

..Well it went a lot better than I thought. He was really easy to talk to, I told him pretty much everything (bar the cutting and feeling suicidal)

He wants me to write some stuff down, so yea. Went well :)

4. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

:biggrin: :hug:

5. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Glad to hear it. The first meeting can be pertty hard. But i believe that most people who are counselling are really there to try and make a difference. happy to hear that you 2 ar able to communicate. Keep it up and keep safe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.