Aid Overload?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Kaos General, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Ok this is something that has been discussed in the UK for a while now. Do you think that giving aid to another country harms the countries economical recovery?

Here's one such article from the UK just before we got floored by the budget

Now bearing in mind im unemployed, i cant find a job, ive been penalised by being mentally ill as my income support has been slashed because im now subject to fit notes, and i find out our government gives hundreds of millions to china, india and singapore. Forgive me for thinking i just think this is all kinds of wrong on all kind of different levels.

Bearing in mind no-one actually voted in these jokers. I dont know what its like in the US but here we are being fucked over by our government and were expected to put up with it. I honestly dont know how much longer this country can put up with the hypocrisy of our upper class politicians
  2. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Well, I mean, if it's a choice of not using certain money to help your people have a better life and using that money to help save people in immediate dire situations on a massive scale, I'd go for helping those in the most dire of situations if it works.

I don't think it's all about aid either. It's about international reputation, public demand to support, and spreading influence. It's also a good back door for other "operations" that the sending governemnt can piggyback on and use to their own advantage.

I would atleast. Just sayin.
  3. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Financial aid like this is bribery for political influence put simply, nothing more.

Yet it does help people in need, and considering that despite the government persecuting you you have the ability to post on the internet while their are entire familys now living in tents without running water Id say that the balance of spending is satisfactory.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.