Aimed at people over 25

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by PuraVida22, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PuraVida22

PuraVida22 Member

When I was 18-19, I thought I would certainly die before age 24....... This was back in the day of Rodney King, back in the day when civic violence and civil war was unrecognized and such in the U.S.......

If you were in "the culture" in the 90's, you know how things have changed....... Now, these things are recognized as fact. The movie "Training Day" with Denzel Washington is out there... Most people see it as fiction... Some of us know it is fact... Even if those days are over...... It will never be over in my memory...

Some of us know and will never forget that some of our lives in the U.S. are not glamorous and beautiful people on T.V..... Some of us remember the shootings, stabbings, murder... corruption....

Without disrespecting this great country.... I feel people should know the things that go on under the radar of the upper-middle class... and under the radar of the billion-dollar TV-news industry.....

I have seen death, assault, violence here...... Why is it no one from any other country knows of this?? When my own friend was murdered, shot in the stomach, to die on his mother's porch..... throwing up his inerds... Is this also not truth to be shown on T.V.?

All those affected by violence here in the U.S. will carry these experiences on with them..... Shouldn't our stories also be shown on international T.V. so everyone can know what happens if you aren't rich here?

We have basically the highest crime rate of industrialized nations.... Is this not important? Is there not a civil war waged here everyday?

No one here, nor anywhere else will see it on their televisions..........

A fact lost in time.....................

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I have read what you said and find it very though provokin and feel the topic is worthy of discussion. However, I fail to see how this belongs in the Suicide Forum.

Perhaps you will garner the responses you seek if you have the thread moved.

Just saying...Bambi

3. PuraVida22

PuraVida22 Member

Perhaps so..... Around 10 years ago, I realized that I was sort of a seer or psychic.... I had to learn that others could not see what I saw...... It is hard for me to understand exactly what is appropriate to say I guess..... I feel that I am *so* aligned by birth with the otherworld that it is extremely difficult to always explain my thoughts....... I see our world and the other both at the same time, I guess........ So people sometimes misunderstand my words or intentions............. I never intend offense or the like....

4. PuraVida22

PuraVida22 Member

I guess to respond to myself... I try to be sort of more culturally conservative than people my age... I definitely know that I have been very influenced by forces or beings of the otherworld who are, in my opinion, quite aggravated and dissident... I have always felt some type of massive aggravation of the spirit world...... like a generalized anger with humanity/society...... felt it before 9/11... feel it still..... I actually almost fear the gods or God based on what I feel.................... I feel they or it are still wanting more from humanity.... in the realm of morality...................... and after that, they hide themselves and speak not............. to me............ So I guess the future is a mystery..... What a surprise.... :)

5. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Oh you do not offend me at all and I sure did not mean to offend you.
    Your thread seems to open the floor for thoughtful discussion about our times and all that is going on so I feel it is indeed important but usually this forum is for people to post about feelings of suicide. Are you feeling suicidal? What has brought you to SF may I ask?

I think I understand you feelings of connectedness to the "other world" but not as intensely as you do. I however see the forces around us as positive and hope that maybe you can too.

Please do not take my comments the wrong way I was just trying to give you some information is all.

I look forward to getting to know you!

Hugs Bambi

6. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

maybe this thread belongs in soap box?

7. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

It's called Operation Mockingbird. It goes on through this day. Disinfomation and public manipulation through the media (and other sources). Are you kidding? TPTB couldn't allow people to know the truth (though truth be told, people are too passive now so that even if they knew and could admit it, nothing would happen).

You have very good points and I sympathize with your frustration.

8. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

unfortunately and as harsh as this may sound things like that dont make as much money as whatever new boyfriend the latest celebrities got. The masses wish to ignore it, the media are basically ran by the government, their stories through official sources, the everyday man honestly has no say. End of the day the leyman is nothing more than a posession of the government (birth registration gives legal ownership to government) which does nothing more than supply the government with its luxuries in life, if you speak up you get imprisoned, shot or terrorised.
    Life is horrendous but unless it was to happen within view of the president it seems to be "out of sight, out of mind"

9. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

So only people over 25 have experienced any wrong doing or evil in the world and the world is much nicer now? -facepalm-

More to the point, the Media absolutely love it when some innocent bystander gets caught up in the crossfire, fortunately the media now the general population gives a shit when two rival gang members kill each other.

10. kbp

kbp Active Member

wtf are you talking about? people are still getting shot at the block. people still getting beat because of the color of their skin. there is still drugs being pushed and there is still war on the streets like it was in the 90s. the media just cleaned up the image.

11. 12years

12years Well-Known Member

I wasn't in the U.S. in the 90s, and even now I live in a perfectly nice neighborhood where I can take a walk at 7 p.m. and not be harassed in any way. I'm lucky, I know. Who's Rodney King?

Seriously, though. Most people don't give a damn about the "dark side" of the U.S. It's not like anything can be done about it anyway. You show some murder and real-life violence on TV, then what? It only instills fear and a sense of helplessness that most of us prefer not to have, which especially sucks since most of us turn to TV to be entertained and to escape the real world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.