alchol damage?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by voices_inmy_head, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

Well its properbly well known now I drink too much and if im not an alcoholic that im on the way to being one but my question is,

does drinking 1 or 2 drinks a night cause serious damage? I don't drink massive amounts every night but I dont drink at least one drink a night.

So am I going to kill myself?

Right now dying young sounds great but in a bit might not sound too good.
  2. No one can "diagnose" you - other than a preofessional, but drinking often as you do may lead to wanting/needing more after a time. You'll develop 'resistance' and/or may not care that your drinking increases.

Damage to the body is cummulative over a period of time (unless you binge-drink, it would occur more rapidly). It sounds like "cutting back" may not be something you can do on your own or may even be considering, even though you're aware that it's becoming a problem (that's the nature of the beast). There was website forum link posted in the "Links & Resources" section here at SF by theleastofthese a couple of weeks ago. You might want to check it out...

3. voices_inmy_head

thanks for the post, when Im like this and feeling good i dont consider cutting back, and unless someone forces my hand i dont know if i will ever want to, funny how 4 months ago i hardly ever drank and now drink nearly every night...

funny... how things can change so quickly
  4. The sad part m'dear is that it's not funny at all...(I know you were being fascetious/ironic)

I know pretty near all the excuses and "justifications"...and so do several others here...:sad:
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  5. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I started out just having one or two drinks every nite. Pretty soon it was three or four. Then it was a whole bottle of wine and by the end of my "year of hell" it was anywhere from one to three bottles of wine every day... and drinking in the morning too. I highly recommend the SoberRecovery web site. It's like this one, only it's a support site for alcoholics and addicts. It's Try it. I depend on it to help keep me sober.

6. voices_inmy_head

cannot remember how much ive drunk tonight, too much, but feel good, no doubt tomorrow i will feel guilty but meh

I dont think im ready for help, i realise loads of stuff, I am causing harm, I am becoming an alcoholic but these dont seem to matter right now, I just hope i get the help when im ready...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.