1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alcohol and Depression Don't Mix

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Godsdrummer, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

With all the crap that been happening to me since last Friday, this alcoholic started drinking again, everyday. Heavily. I even had a blackout this morning. Now....I feel sick, tired, even more depressed and once again suicidal. I am really tired of living.

No wonder why my wife left me. I have to be the dumbest moronic idiot out there.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Get to a meeting, do not pass GO...get back on the wagon...you can begin to collect your days again and feel better...J

3. darkeyes

darkeyes Well-Known Member

Don't feel angry or disappointed with yourself, you're not dumb, relapse happens. You've just got to get back into a program and keep seeing a sponsor if you don't already have one. I really hope things turn around for you. :hug:

4. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

for pete sake, this is some bad habit that you can change. It's not like you lost a limb or an eye. Why not take the first step of drinking, perhaps 20% for a few days and slowly taper down. U'd probably feel better and better.

Change must come from within but the flesh is weak. So one day at a time.

5. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

please don't feel down on yourself. . . we all make mistakes. we all slip up, relapse, we are human. . . and on s.f. we all understand that. we also probably beat ourselves up more than the '''average-so-called-normal''' population.

it's ok. you are taking things one day at a time (as we all should) so , today is a new day. any of us will talk - someone is around at all times, and we can help each other.
    and yes, as someone posted, just go to a meeting. the hardest part is just getting out the front door. you'll get some relief when you get there.
    will be thinking about you - take good care of YOU :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.