Alcohol and Depression Don't Mix

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Godsdrummer, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

With all the crap that been happening to me since last Friday, this alcoholic started drinking again, everyday. Heavily. I even had a blackout this morning. Now....I feel sick, tired, even more depressed and once again suicidal. I am really tired of living.

No wonder why my wife left me. I have to be the dumbest moronic idiot out there.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Get to a meeting, do not pass GO...get back on the can begin to collect your days again and feel better...J
  3. darkeyes

darkeyes Well-Known Member

Don't feel angry or disappointed with yourself, you're not dumb, relapse happens. You've just got to get back into a program and keep seeing a sponsor if you don't already have one. I really hope things turn around for you. :hug:
  4. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

for pete sake, this is some bad habit that you can change. It's not like you lost a limb or an eye. Why not take the first step of drinking, perhaps 20% for a few days and slowly taper down. U'd probably feel better and better.

Change must come from within but the flesh is weak. So one day at a time.
  5. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

please don't feel down on yourself. . . we all make mistakes. we all slip up, relapse, we are human. . . and on s.f. we all understand that. we also probably beat ourselves up more than the '''average-so-called-normal''' population.

it's ok. you are taking things one day at a time (as we all should) so , today is a new day. any of us will talk - someone is around at all times, and we can help each other.
    and yes, as someone posted, just go to a meeting. the hardest part is just getting out the front door. you'll get some relief when you get there.
    will be thinking about you - take good care of YOU :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.