alcohol and diazepam

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by plates, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plates

plates Well-Known Member

i've taken a few diazapam today, similar to what i took a few months ago, but i'm not getting that respiratory depression type feeling, just a little relaxed, which is good, but the pain will inevitably return again in the next couple of hours.

i want to drink though, i really want to drink. i've heard this isn't safe, but i don't know what to do.
  2. Pebble

Pebble Well-Known Member

Hey plates are you ok? I'm not sure what the effects would be with mixing alcohol and the meds together but I doubt very much that it'l be good and will probably make things harder for you. How you feeling now? If you need anything or want to chat message me anytime x :hug: x
  3. plates

plates Well-Known Member

pebble :hug:! hi, yeah i'm not doing it. the 6mg i took today is lasting me through this evening. drinking from what i read would increase that respiratory depression thing, and i don't feel like it now anyways. i'm not good but still here as usual fighting with all i've got. take care.
  4. Pebble

Pebble Well-Known Member

I'm glad your still fighting :hugtackles: you are a really strong person and deserve to feel better x welldone for sitting through the drinking urges, hopefully the diazapam will help you get some rest tonight and give you a break from everything, if you need anything at all just give me a shout. I hope you still have the support around you that you mentioned before to help you through this xx
  5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

anyone "go drunk" on diazepam? i felt mildly drunk after 7 hours after the last dose.
  6. lapazyelamor

lapazyelamor Well-Known Member

20mg of valiumand a few beers are good together,il go thru 5 mg of xanax and about12 drinks with no problems
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That is really bad and dangerous advice.

I've taken 10mg of xanax - YES 10MG and drank alcohol on top of it, trust me, this isn't a road you want to go down. Memory loss and feeling suicidal, not just feeling it but acting on it was the result. Please plates, don't mix benzo's and alcohol. Not a good combo and its not safe :hug:
  8. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

yeah please dont do valiums and booze.

ive done it way to much now and it rerallly is not to good.

one of them times was the worse ever but Sam was just taking th e piss anyway.
  9. plates

plates Well-Known Member

thank you for your replies- especially music- what you say is so true- i know getting drunk is one of the worst things i can do when i'm feeling on edge- i can so easily attempt. thanks x
  10. Khloe

Khloe Well-Known Member

I used to take Diazepam, for maybe 4 or 5 months, i got so addicted, so the doctor made me stop taking them.

And now i'm on anti depressents, and slowly getting addicted to them. :(
  11. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

what anti-depressantsare you on that you are getting addicted?
  12. Autopilot

Autopilot Member

Hey, about just this topic I feel as if I can contribute. I've done a lot of drugs, and there's only one drug I wish I never did. And that was 25 x 0.5 mg Rivotril pills mixed with a six pack of beer. I thought I would wake up the next day feeling sober, or somewhat buzzed out. But I was high for over 6 days, and I can't remember much from that week. I did a lot of stupid shit, including driving.

This mix, makes you blackout, the high made me fucking stupid, without thinking about consequences. Don't mix pills with alcohol, you will regret it. Even if your goal is to zone out. The amount of alcohol required is minimal, and it might lead to death in a worst case scenario.
  13. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

what you mean go drunk? Ive took 120mg of diazepam, bag of heroin, crack, methadone and drunk stella on top if thats what your asking and ended up in hospital because of hypothermia.

Best advice is this, alcohol on top of any medication is a really really bad idea, alcohol on top of valium is just the worst idea ever. Think about what valium is, now think about what alcohol is, and then think about the effects added together
  14. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

I was told by my therapist that Benzos mixed with alcohol can cause difficulty breathing with the possibility of stopping breathing entirely.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.