alcohol and self harm? (poss trigger)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Gayguy89, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gayguy89

Gayguy89 Member

Hey just wondering how many people here self harm when have been drinking? Most of the time i self harm is when i have been drinking (ussualy due to being sad/pissed off) is this common? i dont need ever have self harm in mind when i start but tends to be where i end up...anyway just starting cutting again and just wondering if anyone out there in same boat as me?
    Hope rest of ya are well.
    B

2. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

I harm me sober.

3. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I only ever self harm when I've been drinking yeah. I suppose when I'm drunk the pain is numbed more easily. Also I feel really depressed when I've been drinking so it's usually the time I need to do it more.

4. Gayguy89

Gayguy89 Member

Yea is kinda how is for me, just feel is easier to cut when been drinking, adlest i aint the only one *sigh of relife* and thanks for replying (to you and everyone else, atm is a good distraction)
    B

5. happyville

happyville Well-Known Member

Have you considered cutting down on your drinking, or do you drink because you know you'll be able to cut that way on some level?

6. Gayguy89

Gayguy89 Member

Like i said i dont aim to cut, and i dont drink that often, guess maby i feel i may need to cut so i drink and then allow self tho i can cut when sober so isnt as though i need the drink to do it. thanks for your advice though. guess can try to aviode alchole when upset though easier to say then do. Thanks again

7. happyville

happyville Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's definitely easier to say than do - I've been there. Alcohol is a depressant, though, and if you're upset, it will only make you feel worse - as you know, obviously. Good luck with cutting back when you're upset, it's a difficult thing to do, because everyone wants to escape when they feel bad.

8. Gayguy89

Gayguy89 Member

yea i know its a depressnat but easier to escape for a few hours and have a restbite from whatever is bothering me then to deal with it str8 off. Will give it my best tho, thanks for ya advice,
    b

9. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

a good way to deal with bothering matters is to do some exercise. u wont feel the need for a drink to forget about ur problems and u will also get a nice shape, instead of drinking that drives u to self harm and pops up a belly :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.