alcohol and suicide

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by ftd, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ftd

ftd New Member

I've been drinking even though I know it's not good and I shouldn't but it's the only way I know how to cope right now. I can't take it anymore though. I want to kill myself but I don't want to die at the same time. I can't stop thinking about killing myself and alcohol makes it worse but I also can't stop drinking.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Sorry you have to use alcohol hun as it is such a short term thing it is a depressant as well You need to get some councilling okay to get off it go to AA or addiction councellor but do something for YOU okay get the help you need to stay safe hugs
  3. roguefishfood

roguefishfood Member

The alcohol dulls my suicidal feelings... but they're always worse when it wears off.
  4. 41021

41021 Banned Member

Alcohol is not a good thing for suicidal people. It's wise to keep it out of your residence and out of your body.

couple ppl i lost intentionally used alcohol just prior, to help them. not a lot of alcohol, more assistive in nature. one, just prior, gave me detailed explanation as to why he felt drinking was necessary and explained why his choice of drinks etc fml :sad:
    after doing some reading, it seems common. seems to be one component that is important for me, so for me, it will be a factor. Have this little checklist of what it takes to complete.
    i cannot stand alcohol, but experiment with it so i know what to expect. I know the combination of alcohol and *method* are not good but no one is around to be hurt.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.