alcohol in the morning...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by dropmealine, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dropmealine

dropmealine Well-Known Member

so actually this has been perhaps an issue since july or august. i don't think its anything major, but i need some advice. When i first started, (Oh, I'm talking just about one drink when I get up, nothing huge. Anything from about a shot's worth to maybe a third a glass worth's) it was to give the day a good kickoff, you know. to get some energy flowing. Now, it seems that when i wake up i'm shaking, and i need it to take the edge off. Note though, that i'm not increasing the amount I'm drinking in the morning. I don't know if I can get up without it. And due to circumstances beyond my control, I will soon be cut off.

Anyone have thoughts or similar experiences? Is this something or nothing at all really?
  2. lost soul

lost soul Guest

I haven't had personal experience of this, but my sister has just gone through a programme (uk).

She was just the same, she got up and the first thing she did was reach for a drink to stop the shaking, then she would know when she needed the next drink as she would start shaking again.

She has been put on a programme where she had to stay dry with the pills they gave her, now she needs a pint of water when she gets up and she now isnt missing the alcohol at all.
  3. blackfire

blackfire Well-Known Member

You are dependent on alcohol. When you are cut off from it. It will only get worse. Good luck with trying to stop it is hard.
  4. I've been thinking about you all day, thinking about what to write. Consider yourself in trouble. I know I am. I'm terrified of getting help, but I'm allowed to be a hypocrite I guess. I simply can't stand to face the day - find another reason than booze. It's killing me... Be kinder to yourself than I...

5. dropmealine

Gee i hope I didn't scare anyone. maybe it's not as bad as I made it out to be. And thanks, Foundandlost, yeah, maybe I should be easier on myself. But actually in a way I'm looking forward to being cut off. I actually don't do this every day. Just too often for me to feel comfortable. i don't think my shaking is due to the alcohol itself, it's more due to my anxiety.
  6. "i don't think my shaking is due to the alcohol itself, it's more due to my anxiety"...

Sorry to say I'm all too familiar with that feeling too.:sad:
    I'm glad you're attending to this though. Keep posting, it may help some

7. Fatman1966

Fatman1966 Antiquitie's Friend

Sorry to tell you this but the shakingand and anxiety is a physical responce to alcohol addiction, at a guess it starts agian between 8 to 12 hours later, if you go that long before "topping up", common name the DT's.

My drinking is beginning to get out of hand, so I dont buy spirits any more, but its starting to be an effort not to have a bottle of wine or so every night, or go out and have "a few".

So I looked it up on google !

The good news is the liver is one of the most resilient organs in the human body and capable of recovering from years of drinking heavily, given half a chance.
  8. blackfire

blackfire Well-Known Member

the rule is no drinking before noon.
  9. Alucard oz

Alucard oz Member

I drink all day everyday from the first minutes i wake up till i either pass out or just simply get too tired. My liver is in bad shape but thats the plan I dont want to stop drinking and smoking because i know that death from these substances is common place and wont upset my family when i die from their use.
  10. feelmypain

feelmypain Well-Known Member

I also drink alot when ever I am down...mostly everyday

If you want to stop, you need someone you love to influence you to stop

it is real hard though, but if you love the person, i'm sure it wouldn't be a problem..worked for me back than
  11. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

You are in my thoughts, I hope life gets a little easier for you soon. I am here anytime if you'd like to talk... just dropmealine :tongue: :hug:
  12. Atiri

Atiri Active Member

I drink when I'm down but if its everymorning you need to start dealing with it. Good Luck
  13. dropmealine

actually i've pretty much stopped, so at least things are looking much better in this way
  14. I'm very, very glad that your situation has improved. Sadly my own has not but for when I was in the psych ward for 2 weeks. In there it was amazing how I could do without the alcohol, but my problems are bigger than that all around and since I got out, 'Real Life' has been just as overwhelming if not more. I've come face to face with my addiction and I'm scared to stop. The only time I feel any relief from life is when I drink, starting with panic attacks first thing in the morinng when I wake up. Lots of people recommend AA, but one of thier edicts is faith in a higher power. One of the reasons I drink is because indeed I've lost a beauitful, whole and soulful faith in just exactly that. To lose your faith and foundation is one helluva loss. I've been devasted by that as well as so many countless other things, and never had time to recover from any of them. Absolutley everything feels so hopeless. Sorry, this thread is not about me, but this is what I'm going through and I'm terrified...

I hope the pain and tribulation in your life is easier to cope with so that you continue not to need to rely on alcohol. And I wish you continued strength...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  15. manbearpig

manbearpig Member

i had someone to help me but then she was gone and it just got worse
  16. lostcat95

lostcat95 Guest

try working out
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.