Alcohol issues...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Zueri, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zueri

Zueri Well-Known Member

Ayte. Some of you know I drink 'a bit' 'occasionally.'

THAT turned into an addiction and Syiah the Stupid is now physically dependent on alcohol. There's not a single minute I'm conscious I don't crave it. When I dun have any in my system, I experience headaches, dizziness, sweating, and tremors/chills. I'm also usually irritable and have horrible mood swings...

NOW the issue arises that I'm unable to gain access to more alcohol.
    I'm seriously going insane and am beginning to hurt myself...:laugh:

Any ideas? :D
  2. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I think a trip to your dr is the obvious first step. There's plenty that they can do to help you.
  3. Zueri

Zueri Well-Known Member

Sound suggestion. It would be the obvious I suppose...

However, I don't want anybody in my offline life to know about this addiction. At the moment, I'm just feigning ill.
    As you probably realize, I'm viewed by society as a freak and a fuck-up. Anything about underage alcohol consumption will only serve to further vilify my reputation and completely destroy my chance for reacceptance to college. (It was yanked earlier because my age was called into question.)

Yet, this is getting to the point where it might be life threatening...:mellow:
    Quite honestly, it's terrifying.
  4. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

You have good reason to be afraid and worried - it's a terrible and very strong addiction. I used to be an alcoholic. Got over it and got on without it. Now I find I must have my glass or two of wine every nite or...:unsure: So yes, I'm admitting I have a problem with it. I don't have the physical cravings or withdrawal symptoms - yet - but know that I should stop now, before it reaches that stage.

I understand your reluctance to involve doctors or anyone from your real life, but for your own health and safety, you probably should.

The decision is yours.

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Ring AA it's totally anonymous and they will be able to help
  6. Michael Lee

Michael Lee Well-Known Member

I am having a birthday of sorts Thurs. I will have been sober 17 years; clean for over 19 years. I wish I could say it gets easier. It doesn't. 1 minute, 5 minutes, an hour one day at a time. AA is a great program. They can help you stay sober. But you've got to want it. It has to become the most important thing in your life. You might want to go to see a doctor first. Go to the ER. As far as what others will think about; You may not believe this but they already know. When I was a freshman in college. I overdosed on a combination of alcohol and windowpane (a type of acid) Do yourself a favor Don't kid yourself Get some help now. Detox can be dangerous, so get medical attention. Go for it. What you got to loose.
    Grace and peace,
    Michael Lee
  7. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Please do not go cold turkey without medical help.

It can be life-threatening. Quite aside from the fact that it feels terrible.

As Terry suggested, phone AA. Or talk to your GP, it's completely confidential and they will be able to help you straight away.

Take care, :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.