Alcohol soothes the pain

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by SadDude87, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

Damn straight. And it reminds me of what I truly enjoy. LOVE to play golf, love lifting weights, like watching the F1, tennis and cricket. Love learning languages and about other countries and travelling. These are all the things I used to do and enjoy when I wasn't so depressed. Now a days when I am sober, I forget about all these great things .... feel so tired and down ALL the time, no energy, no drive to enjoy these simple things. When I am sober I hate how I look, hate what my life has become, hate my prospects .... but alcohol reminds me of the great things in life I truly just enjoy and lets me turn back the clock and start enjoying them once again ... why can't it feel like this all the time

2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I use alcohol also to dull the pain of being alive and being 'me'. But alcohol brings its own pain with use. The pain of being unable to function without it. I am trying to divorce myself from alcohol but it's an uphill battle. I wish you the courage to find yourself, and like yourself, while you are sober.

love, least

3. Well, drink too much of it and you end up worse than you were to begin with.

Drink too little and you wish for more...

Drink none at all and you wish for just a bit of it.

Leading to the cycle of...

Wanting some - getting some - getting too much - ending up worse than in the beginning - next day, wanting some - getting some - getting too much - ect ect...

That's how it is for me.

4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Exactly SadDude! And when I'm I'm really drunk, I can be that peson, I can really enjoy who I am. Yeah, I usually pay for it the next morning, but it's well worth it. One moment of happiness far out weighs all the moments of agony.

5. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

I also find myself enjoying things while drunk. When the depressive effect of alcohol kicks in, I just go to sleep and sleep like a corpse. There's no way to lose with alcohol.

6. Kieran

Kieran Member

i agree fella. drinkin' makes life a lot easier. if it wern't for beer an weed i'd have done myself a fair bit back :biggrin:

7. alexander

alexander Active Member

Using Alcohol to self medicate is a dodgy one tbh, in small doses and when your in control Alcohol can seem like a comfort blanket to take away the pain that many of us on these forums feel inside, but be careful, that blanket can slowly start to suffocate you and before you know it you've lost control, everyday that you drink to stop feeling pain you are training your mind to believe it needs that substance to be able to cope with the pain, the more you condition your mind like that the harder it is to break free, I know because I'm struggling to give up atm, I don't drink allot but I'm already finding I'm using it as a security blanket so alarm bells are ringing inside but I don't want to stop atm, if you can stay away from it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2008
  8. Daze&Confused

Daze&Confused Antiquitie's Friend

Pain is neccessary,it tells us something is wrong. If you had a broken leg would you drink to get rid of the pain, or go and get it fixed?
    It's far harder to heal the soul,but you should atleast give it a go. What have you got to lose? You can always get drunk later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.