alcohol

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by becki, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. becki

becki Active Member

anyone able to control it?xxxxxx

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I've been trying, it's been a couple of weeks now since I last had a drink. Although I wouldn't say I was an alcoholic, I do crave alcohol/getting drunk. Usually it's just because I feel like I don't want to be in my head for a while. So I've been trying to stay away from the people that I would usually get drunk with, if they aren't around... well I'm not gonna go get drunk by myself.

But I know it doesn't work that way for everyone.

3. becki

becki Active Member

absolutely well done for not drinking for the past few weeks!!!i never thought i had a problem with alcohol until recently....totally turned round and realised this isn't normal the way i drink for 12+ hrs straight.angers me,99% of people have a drink for fun,i have 1 because if i dont then i feel like i havn't done anything this week.this is shit but i accept it as my father was an alcoholic.
    hope you are ok.xxxxx

4. Aurora Gory Alice

Same as me Becki, my dad was (and still is) an alcoholic. When you've grown up around it I suppose you go one way or the other, my brother doesn't drink and never has, I on the other hand have struggled with alcohol for ages. I don't think it's even that I've got it under control at the moment, I literally think it's because I haven't got anybody to drink with.
    And I know what you mean about drinking 12 hrs straight, I was the same - once I started I couldn't stop, I'd start drinking at 8pm on a Saturday and I'd still be drinking at 8am on a Sunday and sometimes with people I'd just met in a bar or club that I didn't even know.

Do you work or study? Because you said if you haven't had a drink you feel like you haven't done anything in the week.

5. becki

becki Active Member

trying to reply pissed is confusing.i work during the week mon-fri.seeing people drunk is horrible but i love being drunk....probably because i saw my father drunk constantly and i was always on edge!!how are you feeling beautiful?xx

6. Aurora Gory Alice

I'm alright today, moving away from my home town in three days so I'm nervous but really happy to be getting out. How are you doing today? Are you drinking right now then? Yeah it's not easy trying to type drunk... I bet if I went over some of my old drunken posts I wouldn't even know what they were about. lol

It's weird cos I enjoy being drunk as well, but it's how emotional and depressed I get afterwards, how sick I feel and all of the stupid stuff I do and say that I don't like.

You could try drinking in moderation. What I tried once was only bringing out £20. Doesn't go very far does it, so you can only get about 4 drinks anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.