"Aliens do exist" says NASA astronaut

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Hae-Gi, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Releasing information little by little. Aliens have been working with our government for a while now. Who would have to say it for people to believe it?

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Jesus? Nah, we'd probably just crucify him again.

4. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I don't know about them working with governments, but there definitely are some very odd creatures on this planet, like those that Soviet military personnel encountered in the sixties (I think); USO's, or unidentified submarine objects; then again, they flew above the water, as well. The Canadian military has had similar encounters, as well. Many of the Soviets were killed when they hunted them, by the way, which was the reason why they gave up the hunt. This information is available in military reports that were made public when the Soviet Union collapsed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2008
  5. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

At 77 I wouldnt be suprised if he was on his way out, I mean if you know youve not got many years left wouldnt you like to mess with peoples heads? Its most likley a wee joke, theres nothing to get excited about :dunno:

6. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

I think it's different. since they're going to die they can speak of what they have learned with out fear. Cause usually ya know what can they do if you're going to die anyways. "speak about this and we will kill ya!" wont work any more hehe.

7. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

who knows? if there are aliens out there in contact with us, thank god they ain't like us or else we'd all be slaves. Or, maybe, the Illuninati are aliens controlling everything we do from the mother ship.

8. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

Ahahaaha "Aliens are like little men", you've gotta be fucking kidding me. Yeah the aliens have the capacity to travel millions of light years to reach Earth but do it just to manipulate our shitty governments. Why not just conquer us outright? Or why bother with our impotent little race at all? And they have two eyes, two nostrils, a mouth, humanoid bodies. These are the hackiest of the hacky science-fiction cliches. This guy is either senile or laughing at all of you.

9. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

If there were intelligent lifeforms visiting earth, youd think theyd would do a bit more than making wierd patterns in fields or float about some obscure village in the middle of South America :laugh:

10. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Well, some assume that we're the only reason they'd travel. My guess is if they do exist and they have traveled here, humans are little more than a curiosity to them. There would probably be nothing really special about humans to a species that would be capable of the technology needed to reach earth from even the closest nearby stars. It would be kind of like if we could meet some cave men. They would be interesting and we'd be curious about them but we'd get bored with them pretty quickly.

I don't fool myself into believing there aren't other forms of life (perhaps intelligent) out there. But interstellar travel is hard enough that there would have to be a reason for another species to want to come here. They'd have to know we were here and they'd have to want to come here for some reason other than just to say "Hi there!".

11. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Personally, it'd take more than proof of alien visitation or discovery of otherworldly life to excite me. It'd be interesting, though.

12. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Luckily those aliens aren't like humans, otherwise we would of been long gone.
    And yeah, it's obvious with have been visited on many occasions. Open your minds and you will know.

13. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

No, not even kind of like. Early humans would be fascinating to observe for the insight we could glean about our pre-history, and possibly evolution, but they would still be - humans. Familiar to some extent.

Space aliens would be products of an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT line of evolution. And I don't mean line of evolution as in plants vs. animals, bacteria vs. fungi, etc. I mean that from the start of life on their planet, they would have been fundamentally different - down to the molecule - something we have NEVER seen before and would have no point of reference to our world. The opportunity to study such a species would create whole new fields of science, whole libraries of scientific data. And vice versa.

Which is why I laugh at an unbelievable line like 'just like little men'. Forget biometrics - life from outer space would be biochemically different from anything we have ever seen before. The odds of a humanoid alien coming to our world would be beyond comprehension.

How many animals even on our planet have opposible thumbs, for instance? A few dozen species, maybe - out of millions? And on this planet we all share common ancestry, and common environment. Space aliens would have neither in common with us.

I agree. But with 400 BILLION stars in our galaxy, most of them separated from us by thousands of light years, extraplanetary life better be damned common for us to ever find it. Like, every other solar system common. If there are only 10 worlds in the galaxy with life on them, we will never locate them. Literally not in a billion years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.