alkie *language*

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by justgettinby, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justgettinby

justgettinby Well-Known Member

I found out that my ex-fiancee, who dumped me, has had a new girlfriend to fuck for a while. While here I am, all alone and lonely and depressed. And the first thing I do when I hear this news is immediately get drunk. I'm still drunk right now. I just can't think of any other way to get through this time. I even went to class drunk. I don't know what to do. I just can't seem to cope with anything without alcohol anymore. The fact that it makes me forget about the pain, or dulls it, makes it worth it.
  2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think/thought the same thing, but I keep tellilng myself that alcohol is a poison, mentally and physically, and that it will eventually kill me. IT's hard to stay off the bottle but I'm trying valiantly.

I hope your life improves.
  3. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Drinking's not the answer, friend. I know you know this but be careful what you are getting yourself into. Alcohol has a funny way of turning on you. While it assuages pain for a while, cultivating a bonda fide addiction to it will result in longterm baaaad conequences you can't even imagine.

I know life sucks for you. Alcohol is deceptive, though. Words to the wise and all that :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.