All ABOUT LUCK

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Chica, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Chica

Chica Member

That's just the kind of person I became, listless, spiritless, that's me. Sometimes I myself can't understand how that was possible for me to change like this. I think and remember who I used to be, all the dancing, all the energy...all dead inside. I thought that this kind of thing only happened to very bad people, evil people....I was wrong..that's just the way the universe works, I could finally learn. It's not about being good or bad, about being nice to people, about caring, about being sympathetic, it's not about any this, it is all about being lucky or not. If you're lucky, it doesn't matter if you are the most evil person on the planet, you'll be fine. So all I can say to anyone who comes to read this is..GOOD LUCK!

AlexiMarie7 likes this.
  2. WhoaThisPlaceIsScary

WhoaThisPlaceIsScary Well-Known Member

Sooo.. you're saying maybe we should all buy a rabbit foot key chain?

3. WhoaThisPlaceIsScary

Yeah lucks nice for sure..it's a huge debate this existence we exist in.I create a counter argument for every thought I have that's just as valid as the original thought.The more I experience..the more im starting to think, this might all be some strange test created by a psychopathic creator.

4. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Its a interesting theory for sure; one we could probably debate forever. The same argument has raged in the game of poker for a very long time. Skill v Luck. The conclusion of most who play the game well is it is a combination of both. I think thats about right. Life is the same, its a combination of factors that influence the outcomes of situations we find ourselves in. Its impossible to put it down to just luck.

WhoaThisPlaceIsScary likes this.
  5. IamTetsuo

IamTetsuo Well-Known Member

It can definitely be hard to make sense out of the world. Often it seems very unfair, like good people get shit on and psychos end up at the top of the pile. I believe that it is the quality of your consciouness that defines the quality of your existence and if you're a shitty person then it sucks to be you no matter how much stuff or status you have. Depression can be a blessing in that it gives us more depth to ourselves and can lead to amazing personal growth. Something I heard once that I liked was not to let depression become your identity. It's just part of lifes ups and downs so keep the faith.

6. WhoaThisPlaceIsScary

I remember seeing some turd grab booze off the shelf and run out the door of a liquor store I was in.The cashier said to me"Those bastards always get away with it." Think about it..what is he really getting away with?He's a bum who has to steal booze..that's his existence.That in itself is justice.

7. Chica

Chica Member

psycophopathic creator, I like that, that explains everything

8. Chica

Chica Member

Is it? I'm not sure. I used to think this way before it all happened to me. Now, I really don't know because when I think about this bum, I think that he must have all I have no right to have all my life no matter what kind of person he is. In his stupidity he is not aware of the miserable and ridiculous his life is. In his stupidity , he is happy and deeply believes he is cool.

9. WhoaThisPlaceIsScary

LOL well you find the ignorance a gift,"Ignorance is bliss"is afterall what they say. I happen not to say/think that.

I completely understand your view..but lean toward disagreement.

10. Chica

Chica Member

;)

11. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Alcoholism is a addiction, addiction is a illness, mental health issues are a illness. That "bum" should have our empathy and sympathy, not be ridiculed for the fact that his life has hit rock bottom and he now has to steal to feed his addiction. We all know how these illnesses affect us, so why pour scorn on someone who is ill?

Sorry, but my own mental illness has had a radical effect on how I interpret these things nowadays. Where I saw a "bum" before, now I see someone who is ill, just as I am ill.

12. AlexiMarie7

AlexiMarie7 Well-Known Member

I don't think the role of 'luck'/fate/whatever it is, can ever be ignored or downplayed.

I think sometimes the best we can do is find ways to manage, cope and continue to press on while we await our own portion or even snippet of the luck or whatever break we need. I think we can work our asses off for whatever it is, but sometimes "something" has to give...

13. Chica

Chica Member

Thanks for you honest comment, my friend. I agree with you, yes, it is illness, but at least for some people it is their choice to fight ot just give it up, to accept some help or ignore every helping hand. It all depends on their attitute towards life and towards themselves. Whatever they choose to do, I'm sure they have their reasons , reasons that most of the time are hard to understand or accept but again, it's up to them, it is up to us to decide what to with our lives. What kills me is the fact that no matter how hard you try sometimes all you got in return is pain and sorrow on the other haNd people like this guy ,against all the odds might have the love and care that someone like me will never ever had. And we go back to my theory...it is all about LUCK.

AlexiMarie7 likes this.
  14. Chica

Chica Member

:)

15. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

" but at least for some people it is their choice to fight ot just give it up, to accept some help or ignore every helping hand. It all depends on their attitute towards life and towards themselves. Whatever they choose to do, I'm sure they have their reasons , reasons that most of the time are hard to understand or accept but again, it's up to them, it is up to us to decide what to with our lives."

" we go back to my theory...it is all about LUCK."

Seems that statement and then the follow on conclusion are rather at odds.... in the first case you have determined it is all a choice , but then you come up with the conclusion that nothing matters but luck - so it seems the "luck" conclusion is based upon the "who" more than the situation.... I will be very upfront- I do not believe "luck" has a lot to do with anything- it is my experience results depend on preparation and attitude and the variance after that is simply probability - the hoped for results do not happen EVERY TIME for anybody, but if you do all your part and set the actual odds in your favor over time it all balances out - sometimes a person gets a favorable result on the first try with minimal preparation and sometimes a person gets an unfavorable result after the 3rd try with a lot of preparation- but spread across weeks/months/years those more prepared come out ahead of those less prepared- just like flipping a coin - it is not "luck" that gets heads 4 times in a row- is just that it happens but in 100 times will all even out... Looking at the big picture and working towards the big picture and long term rather than getting over reactive about individual results along the way goes a long way towards maintaining a sense of equilibrium that equates to the possibility of happiness and contentment. If you allow yourself to dwell on a bad result that happens it prevents you from doing the things that need to be done to prepare and makes a poor result more likely in the future- not luck - a cause and effect and natural expected result.

16. WhoaThisPlaceIsScary

Makes sense..BUT then again tell that to someone that was born to a homeless drug addict mother who let the men in her life molest them their whole childhood..or any number horribly scenarios.That sounds pretty unlucky to me when you compare it to someone born to a loving family.

17. Chica

Chica Member

THANK you all for your comments, I appreciate that. LUCK or not, I guess we all try our best or at least what we BELIEVE is our best anyway:). Maybe the TRUTH is not with me, not with you guys....maybe the truth is with the well known philosopher SOCRATES who said once:
    I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing. Socrates

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2016
    AlexiMarie7 and Brittless like this.
  18. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Poverty/addiction/victimization/crime-- many explanations for those things none being luck. If it is the "being born into it" that is being called luck- that has a far higher birthrate then any other segment- in every country and in every part of the world- also not luck - just crap social systems and and lack of social justice. And regardless where born - what comes from that comes from the person - clearly may be an easier path to get started on one than the other but it is where you end up at and the lower economic countries and lower economic households have a far lower suicide rate than the "rich western" countries and "rich" households... Perhaps calling it luck absolves responsibility for the existence of the one half by the better off, or absolves responsibility for changing the cycle by those born into poverty- in either case it is simply more convenient to label it than to change it and certainly requires far less effort.

SinisterKid likes this.
  19. WhoaThisPlaceIsScary

There will be no change.

20. WhoaThisPlaceIsScary

I've done it all..nothing impresses me anymore.I'm waiting for a higher intelligent lifeform to come..one that makes are intelligence appear to be that of green slime on a rock.The illusion of these control weirdos no longer wow or inspire me.I find peace of mind in pure nature..where we belong.