All alone on new years eve

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by happypeople, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happypeople

happypeople Active Member

alone on new years eve, i have some alcohol.

should be a fun night tonight :rolleyes:
  2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Alcohol is good, it will help. Put on some music and dance around like a fool, forget your alone. :)
  3. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

4. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

Could be worse. I'm still at work, avoiding going home to my wife & kids.
  5. Dyno

Dyno Member

i've got it the worse my girlfriend ditched me to go out without me :( maybe she'll feel bad if she came home and i was dead....good idea
  6. Thelonlyone

Thelonlyone Member

hey, I know I am new here, but i have gone over alot of the threads. Some helped how I felt others didnt. But you all are so nice to each other, and that in itself makes it alittle easier to deal with everything that I am going thru.

I have a question (I am sorry for piggy backing off this topic but i can not post of my own yet)

has anyone ever tried to talk to a family member or i can i make them undrstand what i am trying to say.I hate keeping it all in, it makes me feel worse inside. like a pit of acid in my belly, just eating me alive.but i can not get anyone to truly listen. any help?
  7. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

My new years is me sitting home alone on the message board sipping coca cola and smoking cigarettes.
  8. Leth

Leth Member

Unfortunately, alcohol doesn't always work if your mood isn't cooperating. I am still thinking of a girl that I had an unfortunate one night stand with about a month ago. I liked her a lot and to this day, cannot get her out of my mind. Despite several beers on this new year's eve alone, I am actually sad. Even effexor at 300 mg ed cannot stop this tonight for me. Hope you guys and girls are feeling better than me tonight.

Peace to you,
  9. Wormling

Wormling Well-Known Member

Happy new years. I find alcohol only to be useful when your celebrating with friends, but that's just me.

And no, I have no advice on telling people stuff. I have told a few people that I was suicidal (when I was) and they shrugged it off. Noone really knows how to handle it. they will freak out, avoid you, become angry, ect. None of which is helpful and only worsens the situation you are in.
  10. Madeleine

Madeleine Member

This is true, especially in my situation (maybe it's different because people are different, but I speak for myself). They say all the time that friends or family can help, look for their help and advice, etc. In some circumstances it's false. Usually they are frightened by depression and suicidal thoughts and try to avoid you or say stupid and angry things - "what is happening to you? You are not the same person anymore. This is not you!". I feel like shouting to them "No, idiots, I'm exactly the same person but I am desperate. Can't you see?".
    That's why I have to find power within myself or listening to people who are exactly in the same situation as me - like on this forum. Depression has a certain language that only the depressed people can understand; when you don't feel it it's like an exotic language. You cannot comfort somebody when you don't understand him/her. Like in Emily Dickinson's poem:

Unto a broken heart
    No other one may go
    Without the high prerogative
    Itself hath suffered too.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2008
  11. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

I don't think people want to talk about it because deep inside, they think about suicide themselves and are in denial. And yes, you become a pariah when you try to speak about it; my former "best friend" is no longer available because the subject is so "unpleasant". Fuck him. Alone? what else is there.
  12. brokensoul98

brokensoul98 Well-Known Member

hmmmmm,,i sat by candlelite, drinking hot chocolat with marshmellow fluff waiting for the ball to grand baby stood me up and fell asleep..happy new year all..hope it brings better days for all of you. one step at a time..stay strong..
  13. Simon180

Simon180 Member

ya i feel same miss my steph so much :( house is really empty with out her! badest xmas/new year ever .....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.