All Along the Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix.

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jimk, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AuxJH2Mj30

many, many years ago this was the first song i purchased on the internet and burned to cd.. just found that first cd now.. also was first song i posted on first website i lived on 14yrs ago.. jimi just hit so many good spots then and still does..

2. Whispers

Whispers Banned Member

In my book, Jimi Hendrix is one of the 5 greatest guitar players of all-time, along with David Gilmour, Jimmy Page, T-Bone Walker, B.B. King and Stevie Ray Vaughan. Okay, that's 6, but hey, I could list about 20 legends. But ole Jimi Hendrix is in that mix for sure. Loaded with talent and he played with all feel, which is why he is a hard guitarist to mimic.

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hendrix is awesome :) I hear they're making a biopic on him now, so that's pretty cool.

4. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Gotta give credit to whose song this really is... So many people actually think this is a Jimi Hendrix song. Its actually a Bob Dylan song that Jimi Hendrix did a cover of. Jimi Hendrix did a great job with it obviously and in certain aspects I prefer his version as opposed to the Bob Dylan version but can't forget that Dylan wrote and recorded "All Along The Watchtower" first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.