All Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilko

All day I have thought of suicide... I am over it. 3 weeks of meds and still the thoughts don't go away. I keep thinking I'll do it tomorrow, it will have to be this side of christmas, I am exhausted. Another thing really..I am not really about sharing with my core group of friends about my past, how I feel. The depression maybe but not suicide. One close friend and I met for dinner and we discussed my current state for the first time. I received a text each morning and night for a week. One week later not a thing. Granted I haven't made contact but what is with that. Am I suddenly cured. I would prefer not to burden people but why start a ritual checking up on me with a goodmorning and goodnight text (obviously to confirm I wasn't hanging from anything) and then stop. It's kind of like the diet I started last week..Maybe I should have put this in another forum..

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
:hug:

I'm sorry to hear you're so down.

It's great that you've got that close friend you could talk to about your current state. Your friend must care about you a great deal to send you several text messages. S/he might wonder why you haven't made any contact in return or be worried that you didn't reply because you didn't want that kind of support. Or your friend might simply be dealing with obligations in his/own life and stopping the texts has nothing to do with your friendship.

Perhaps you could send a quick note to say thanks so your friend knows you appreciate the texts. And maybe you could discuss with him/her how depression doesn't go away after a few days, it lasts much longer than feeling down or having the blues. It's very common that others don't understand that depression lasts a while.

And since depression lasts a while, it's important for us to have a few different sources for support. If we have only one person, we're lost if that person has to do other things and can't always focus on our friendship/relationship with them. I wonder if any of your other friends would be understanding and support if you opened up a bit more with them (if you can do that).

Also, if you haven't got a therapist, perhaps you might consider it. A therapist is a good sounding board when we want to vent about stuff we can't discuss with friends.

And SF always has people who will listen and support you.

I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

A.

bubblin girl

All day I have thought of suicide... I am over it. 3 weeks of meds and still the thoughts don't go away...
hi
how r ya today
medications of this kinds start to work & see the diffrent after 4-5 weeks..so if u start new one at that time, u should wait for the effects
take care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00