All is limited.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by AnomymousX, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnomymousX

AnomymousX Well-Known Member

It's true, it's 100% the reason Economy exists. Every male can wish they would marry a beautiful woman, get a good job, and own a nice size home. The thing is... There aren't enough beautiful women to accompany every single guy. There aren't enough good homes to go around.

The people that have all of this and are happy, seem to have a reason to live. As for the rest of us, what's the point of us to stay alive? The resources ran out for us, so what else do we have?
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I'd settle for a plain woman, a reasonable job and a small place in which to live. People expect a lot I guess.

('Cos when I say a plain woman... well unattractive would do, or hey, even those full size dolls you get in Japan look good! (Good link... not rude...
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
  3. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

- There are more women than men. Your odds of finding one your attracted to are pretty good really. Reeling them in is another matter ;)

- There are more than enough resources on this planet to build a great house for everyone. The problem isnt scarcity or limited building materials. Its distribution, design and waste. Its really about being shackled to a monetary system designed with the specific purpose of artificially creating scarcity, so we all work for a living, and pursue our weekly peanut allowance. If you created a system to harness the building materials, manpower and design possibilities with what we already know, and took money out of the equation, it could definately be done.

- Happiness is a mindset. Since the system places such an emphasis on money to participate on so many levels, more money simply means you can do more, see more, consume more, it doesnt necessarily translate to being happy.

Japanese babes > (tasteful). The most gorgeous women in the world imo, the real thing is so much better ;)
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I don't know what country you live in but because of the economy houses in the USA are being forclosed on everyday. Orlando Florida is the third highest city for forclosures. You can pick them up cheap right now with only a 5% interest rate. Now as for the woman you are on your own!! Beauty is only skin deep. Would you want a beautiful woman who is shallow and self absorbed or a plainer woman who is kind , considerat, loving, and a great personality. That is a decision only you can make...
  5. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Indeed. The older I get, the more I yearn for simplicity.
  6. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I personally think there are a whole wide variety of reasons/experiences that can give us a point to stay alive. It's just finding what works for you, and what is important to you. It doesn't have to be about those things you mentioned.
  7. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Happiness is not a zero sum game. It's the dependence or wish for material goods and a perfect relationship that obstruct a person's path to true happiness.

Or that's what I would say if I weren't so cynical.
  8. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

as long as you are a nice guy and your dick can get hard with no problems you should have no problem finding any girl, the key is to be a nice guy about it, my problem is my dick no longer gets hard
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

There's been many debates on this site about whether 'nice' guys lose out or not. I don't think we've come to an answer yet.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
  10. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Being with a hot woman is not important. The important thing is being with a partner who is attractive to you. You will not be happy if you continue to judge your life against the very attractive, the very wealthy, or the very happy. Mostly because our judgment of those individuals come from heavily painted advertising mediums.

Brad Pit, George Clooney (however the fuck you spell his surname), Clive Owens, and Edward Norton are not particularly handsome without their excessive money and more importantly, team of make up people, personal trainers, camera men, editors, and writers. If you don't have a team like they do, then why compare yourself to them?

The problem, as I see it, is when we all judge the opposite sex (or your own sex if gay) by movie standards. We all need to become more humble in our expectations if we desire happiness. Plus, it's frankly silly to ignore how most people look.

11. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Actually I really dont judge my life based on celebrities, I dont know many people who do, I think thats a bit of a myth, most people are bound enough in the world of reality to realize thats fantasy. I couldnt care less about how much money they have, how they look or anything else, there not part of my life. I measure myself against my own shopping list, and as it stands, it doesnt cut it.
  12. Random

Random Well-Known Member

It depends on what you define as losing. The way I see it, there's always another day until there isn't.
  13. AnomymousX

AnomymousX Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter. I can't get any type of woman, whether I'm going for a trophy wife, or someone I really like (which is my goal), it's all the same. I'm too different. I'm a badly constructed human.
  14. Notreally

Notreally Member

It's somewhat true that too nice guys are left alone or just taken advantage of. And I have no trouble understanding it, since a guy who has hard time standing up for himself isn't attractive at all for most women. Even if one could get a caring companion the problems would come up sooner or later. The girl gets bored of him or gets depressed since she doesn't want to leave him even though she really would like to. This is not a generalization or anything but it's a pretty common story.

I have sometimes thought that it's funny how some mentally sick people can be considered cute or attractive, whereas people who just don't succeed well in life are seen as losers.
  15. SpencerA

SpencerA Well-Known Member

same applies to girls Notreally, i'm an unattractive walkover!
  16. jacknife

jacknife Guest

But on the bright side, at least you like moogles.

In all honesty, I understand what you, notreally, and anomymousx are saying. There is an overflowing prevalence of positive cliches thrown out on SF like "there's someone for everyone", which are of course BS. Sometimes when people are successful they begin to assume that everyone else can be as well.
  17. Notreally

Notreally Member

It's about being more confident. The guy who's never seen you before will not know that you think that way about yourself, so there's no point to assume what he thinks. Pretty obvious, but that's a huge step forward imo :tongue:
  18. Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus Guest

You're making a good point, but don't lose hope. Beautiful women and good homes are a limited resource, which means there's a lot competition to get them. Given the current situation in our society, the only way for you to overcome this is either to do without such goods, or to take an active part in the competition. You will get a good home for yourself if you work hard enough (and/or have clever enough ideas) to earn the necessary cash. You can get a beautiful female partner if you're willing to work on yourself to make yourself more attractive. You'd be right to point out that if all the guys who want a beautiful woman did the same, we would run again into the limited resource problem, meaning that most of them might still be left out in the end - unless for instance we created more beautiful women via genetic engineering. But the good news is that, as demonstrated by several posts on this thread, there are many guys around who are willing to be content with physically unappealing partners, which means the competition is limited, increasing your chances of success.

If you're interested in the literature on those two issues, you might try "Think and grow rich" by Napoleon Hill on the money issue; on the women issue, try googling Mystery, Neil Strauss or Richard LaRuina. They're pick-up gurus who help men become more attractive to the opposite sex. Good luck!
  19. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I think a lot of it has to do with a persons age as well. The older I get the less I am interested in obtaining material things and beauty as ways to show happiness or status in my life. I find my definition of happiness changing. Simplier things, easier things. The big stuff leave it to the younger kids to play with. I'm happy with the toys I have thank you.
  20. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

As said many times before.. Right now all i want is to be with someone who loves me for who i truly am

and to be not rich.. but financially worry free.. thats it..

I guess im still looking for that perfect someone..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.