All money gone

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by disoriented, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disoriented

disoriented Member

That was that. Last of my study lone gone on a football game. I went in the classical trap to try and bet back what I've lost, and then quit. But not it's all gone. I really don't know what to do. This means my university studies are screwed, there is no way in can afford it now. This is rock bottom. It really is. I can't see any light more. Sorry, I know you can't help me in any way. I am just desperate I guess.
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Could you get a part time job?
    I know it's not easy when studying, but I and a few of my friends managed it and it does take away the constant money worries.
  3. disoriented

disoriented Member

I am doing a great amound of module credits this spring since i did less last year. And i need to do well in order to pass, i need to shape my grades up. I don't know if i have time for a part-time job. But even if i would, there is no way i can work sufficiently to even be close to paying the university fees.
  4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

School loans should be set up to pay school and living expenses directly to prevent this from occurring. I agree with Terry. Learn a lesson from this, stop betting, and pick up a job to bring in the money to pay the bills and schooling. Life is all about choices. Choose to recover from this and go forward with a lesson learned.
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is not that easy to say stop betting if the person has a gambling addiciton Hun if you can get some counciling ok to help you with your betting and maybe talk to the university to see what other student grants there are or loans you can get i am sorry you are having such difficulty right now.
  6. Finance

Finance Well-Known Member

My favorites list has 5 dimes, etc........then SF.

Got whipped yesterday, 1-4. At 2-3% per bet, i stay around. Never add to the balance or withdraw.

Not going to chase though. Bowl games are tough to sit out.

I know how you feel, seeing it all go away on one play.

Betting takes all the fun out for me and the amounts are puny. Even if you can afford it, something happens with my mind that makes me take it way too serious.

I'm sorry for your loss and can relate to that terrible feeling.

I don't know if we're talking needing 2k or 25k.
  7. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Well, if it does not interfere with your studies, you could always try and find a temporary/part-time job that will at least allow you to cover some of your expenses for your university, and also go to the administrator's office and talk with them about your financial problem, and see if you can work out some kind of arrangement in order to pay back over a set number of months your tuition, but I suppose, if it is not that much of a problem, you could always ask your parents or other family members for a bit help to your situation. But in truth, and I know you would not like to hear this suggestion, but have you thought about quitting your studies for a while, a year or two and focus on getting a full-time job (if applicable) so that you are able to save up enough money to enroll in your courses again at a later time?
  8. Finance

Finance Well-Known Member

Leif probably has the most realistic solution. Being honest with family might help.

I really am sorry. Those two options are all I have.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.