All my plans are gone

Tris

Public Access
You know that feeling when you give all your best just to get to a certain goal? It's kinda sad that I can reach that but I'm not allowed to. Being a middle class family kinda sucks. It gives you a false hope that you could get into your dream university but well you cant. I gave everything I mean everything just to pass that school. I was really happy that I passed heck I was even the top 78/ 2700+ applicants but money has to be involved. It just sucks that we only need a just a little bit more money for me to study there. It just sucks so bad. I feel so hopeless and I feel like there's no direction for me to take. I'm such a failure. Like really.

Alwayswrong

You know that feeling when you give all your best just to get to a certain goal? It's kinda sad that I can reach that but I'm not allowed to. Being a middle class family kinda sucks. It gives you a false hope that you could get into your dream university but well you cant. I gave everything I mean everything just to pass that school. I was really happy that I passed heck I was even the top 78/ 2700+ applicants but money has to be involved. It just sucks that we only need a just a little bit more money for me to study there. It just sucks so bad. I feel so hopeless and I feel like there's no direction for me to take. I'm such a failure. Like really.
Hi, Tris. I'm new to forums so maybe I lost the starting post of this trend. I don't know what career you intended to study. Public universities in Argentina are really good and... THEY ARE FREE OF CHARGE!!! I'm studying Physics at the National University of Mar del Plata. Mar del Plata is a beautiful city by the sea, only 404 km from the Capital, Buenos Aires. There are careers which are more crowded, like medicine, law (if your plans were to study law, I would suggest you not to study in Argentina because our law system is absolutely different from the American one).If you're American, 1 USD = 20,35 argentine pesos. So, living here would be very cheap for you as well. It's an adventure, you learn another language, other cultural patterns... it's fun! The only thing you have to consider is if you'll have to sit for validation exams in the USA when you graduate. Perhaps this idea opens a window when all the doors look closed.

Alwayswrong

Just one more thing: don't expect university buildings to "shine in the darkness" (unless you go to a private university). They look very "latinamerican". But the level is really good.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
There are much much worse things that being "middle class". Sometimes you gotta adjust your thinking to get into the school you're looking at. Loans, scholarships, grants, other family? Or maybe you can downgrade your school choice for a year or two and then switch schools. Tuition is one of the hardest things you're left paying for a really looong time so pick wisely. Good luck to you.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00