all of my close friends are at least 10 years older than me...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by ASolitaryBlue, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASolitaryBlue

ASolitaryBlue Well-Known Member

just a thought, observation i've made about myself, wanted to see if anyone has ever been in the same situation or has any thoughts or comments...

the people that i tend to be really close to are never my age (im 19, gettin close to 20). i don't relate as much, i can't talk as freely, things just don't click between me and the other people my age. the people i trust most, that i can talk to about anything, are all at least 10 years older than me, if not more. i'm not saying this is a bad thing at all. just that, well, i'll be talking about one of my older in age friends to an acquaintance at uni, and somehow it comes up that my friends are all not my age, i just get weird looks. i don't care. i love the people i love, and the rest of the world can just deal.

like i said, just an observation...

2. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

im younger than you :D

3. suicider628

suicider628 Well-Known Member

hey same age here, almost 20 too.

4. xan

xan Chat Buddy

i'd think it was weird, give weird looks,... but at the same time wouldn't be judging you for it, i'd just think it was out of the ordinary, which to me would make you seem more awesome :p x

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think when one has been tormented by their peers as my daughter has one tends to look to an older crowd ones that do not tend to judge and are more
    understanding. She too hangs out with people much older and it scares me it does but she says they don't laugh at her and make her feel small. i can understand why someone would choose to hang out with a more older crowd

6. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I can relate cuttle, nearly all my friends are older than me too, some by 30 years (although those ones are neighbours). I have found that I can be friends with people of any age, although I don't connect to people my age for some reason.

Some people will think it's weird of you, but I think it's normal if you can manage it. Only having friends you're age sounds like something for high schoolers, in my opinion. Plus you learn new things when you have friends older than you, things that come in handy down the line.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2010
  7. plates

plates Well-Known Member

When I was 17ish my friends were 3-4 yrs older than me and said they felt younger to me somehow.

Don't worry about it, I mean...I can remember being at university and all my close 'friends' were tutors in their 30s-40s :D

8. ASolitaryBlue

ASolitaryBlue Well-Known Member

thanks for your responses everyone :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.