All of us with OSD

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Ravengirl, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravengirl

Ravengirl Active Member

Hello,

I am new here, I registered yesterday. I was searching for similar threads but could not find so I thought I will make one and all of us with OSD can join and discuss.
    About me : I am 25 year old, at the moment studying. I am having OSD over 15 years now. I remember it started as repetition, continued as me being obsessed with perfection and now I think the worse phase: False Memories OSD ( over two years now)I do not know how many of you know what it really is, but basicaly getting obsessed over something that actually did not happen but your brain pressures you to think what if it really did happen but you just do not want to admit it, or you do not remember it. So the memories sort of you alone create(your brain) to the point where you can not really determine if real memory or false one.
    My friends do not understand my problems, when I try to say something related to this the answer like : ''forget about it'' , ''why are you even thinking about that'' , ''that is funny'' , are not helpful at all, whats more they are making the situation even worse.
    Sounds weird but this all is really giving me hard time, living with this type of osd makes my life a living hell, every day is a struggle, sometimes I am thinking to myself that it would be better if I had some actual illness.
    I am getting desperate, it is always questioning things that are most important to me. I dont think I am myself anymore. My life goes around this OSD and thinking every moment if something did happen or not.

I really hope some of you with similar situations could answer and we can exchange stories, opinions....

2. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

Hi Ravengirl,

Welcome to the forum. I don't have OSD, but maybe others can help. If you wanna talk, im here x

3. Shaina

Shaina Member

Going through something similar ;(

4. Ravengirl

Ravengirl Active Member

Thank you both for answering.
    Thank you for your support Beautiful.

What Kind of ocd you have if I may ask Shaina?

5. Shaina

Shaina Member

Fear of losing someone
    Fear of causing harm to my loved ones
    Relationships
    Suicidal thoughts
    A few days ago me and my best friend were talking about death and I kinda got obsessed with it
    I mean I thought he was dying
    I just can't get over stuff like this

6. Shaina

Shaina Member

Actually not days but months ;|
    And I still get scared when he doesn't pick up the phone or doesn't reply within a minute or two

7. Ravengirl

Ravengirl Active Member

I understand you.
    It is so hard for me because of OSD I seem to act strange in front of people so they think I am weirdo.
    Everything feels to cause pain ... I would just like to be peaceful, nothing more.

8. Shaina

Shaina Member

Same here
    And I am bipolar too
    Sometimes I fear I am psychotic
    I get confused because of OCD

9. Shaina

Shaina Member

People really need to be a little considerate
    Even the guy I call my best friend said some pretty harsh stuff today ;(

10. Ravengirl

Ravengirl Active Member

I hate when I need help they just cant seem to get it. They say stuff like : ''Dont worry about it'' or ''Forget about it'' so frustrating.
    I understand that not everyone has time to give you advices or support you but saying dont worry only makes it worse.
    How long are you having OSD?
    I pretty much from when I was 12 or so.

2 people like this.
  11. Shaina

Shaina Member

How can one forget about it...
    It would not be a compulsion if we could just forget eh?
    That is what happened with me today all I wanted was him to tell me he was fine
    It's been 7years
    But I think it's getting worse from 2013

12. Ravengirl

Ravengirl Active Member

it is getting worse for me from winter 2013 as well... wondering if it will ever dissapear.
    I forgot how being happy fells. At least would like to be just peaceful!

13. Shaina

Shaina Member

G
    happy
    It feels too much to even hope for
    Ya
    Peaceful would be great

14. Shaina

Shaina Member

Pain is all I feel ;(

15. Ravengirl

Ravengirl Active Member

Pain, self judgement, guilt , .. it is so complicated.

2 people like this.
  16. Shaina

Shaina Member

And no one ready to understand
    They don't even try to

17. Ravengirl

Ravengirl Active Member

You can message me anytime if you feel like talking.

18. Shaina

Shaina Member

19. Shaina

Shaina Member

And I am always here for you

20. Ravengirl

Ravengirl Active Member

Thank you it is good to hear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.