All too new to this.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by DelusionalDECADENCE, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, um, I don't know what to say really, I don't really know why I joined this site. I was feeling pretty desperate at the time. I guess I'll explain why I'm here.

I'm 16 and am finding things very hard at the minute. My family and friends found out I self harmed and I am struggling to stop, unbeknown to my parents who think I have. They recently found out the reasons behind my pain.

I was sexually abused by both my sister and grandad for as long as I can remember, up until I was about 10. It was a horrific time and I have never really admitted it to myself mainly because I was made to believe it was my fault, which I still believe although I shouldn't. I have been bullied for almost my entire school life. I developed BDD (Body Dismorphia) because of these and several other incidents. And, well, very long story short, I haven't stopped contemplating suicide for the last few months, but I know this is the easy way out, and there is no way back after, so I guess I joined because I know it's not what I really want, and I'm hoping to find help here.

I don't know what else to say, so I'll wrap things up by saying thank you for reading whilst I complain, it means something to know somebody took the time out of their own lives to consider one as insignificant as mine.

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF. You've come to a great forum!

I'm not going to say much right now other than, you will find many caring, intelligent people here who have shared your experience. Please stay awhile and check it out.

Please let us know if you've gotten any therapy regarding this issue and know that YOU and your issues are very important.

3. Jehuty

Jehuty Senior Member

Hey and welcome to SF DelusionalDECADENCE!

We're happy you visit us for support.
    We will do our very best to support you in any way possible.

If you want to talk to someone please send me or someone else a message and we'll do our best to help you.
    My message box is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. :)
    Also be sure to join the SF chat for support or if you just want to chat.

Take care,
    Jehuty

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :)

5. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hiya & welcome to SF.

I hope you find the support & help you need from us here. Please don't think your life is by any way insignificant, we are all here for our own reasons & we all get the same support regardless.

:hug: xx

6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and welcome to SF.

What happened to you isn't your fault. I hope you're able to realize that.

7. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums..You will find there are quite a few members who have been thru what you have and they find support here...Take your time and explore the different forums on here.. We are always here to lend an ear....

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am glad you found us and looked for support. :welcome:

10. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi - welcome to s.f.

i hope you find support here.

please keep reaching out, it's a very positive thing to do, and shows that you want to move forward in your life.

11. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

ditto
    glad you're here with us :)
    :welcome:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.