Alli wight loss pills: anything I should know?

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by wibble, May 31, 2009.

1. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

Right, I'm going to start taking these next week, and I've read the press releases and news articles and reckon I could get a lot of benefit from these.

Does anyone have any experience with these tablets at all? Are their any nasty side effects I should know about or are they as good as they claim?
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

My Mum has been taking the slightly stronger version (Xenical) for a while now and she's lost around 40lbs so they definitely work!
    However... the stories are true.

1) If you cheat, you WILL poo yourself
    2) All of that excess fat has to go somewhere so stay close to a toilet at all times and don't wear anything that oily stains could show up too boldly on.
    3) Don't cheat. Reasons 1 and 2 are exactly why. lol.

She hasn't had any other side effects other than the first two. Reductil is pretty bad and I wouldn't advise it if you're depressed, it's had me crying into my pillow for days.
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Agreed with the above post. a friend of mine tried it and decided it wasn't worth that particular side effect.
  4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

5. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

Yellow, greasy, uncontrollable poop-I absolutely hated them!!
  6. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

They are not actually weight loss pills, they are a joke big pharma is playing on overweight people.

You don't need any pills, you can do this without them :hug:
  7. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

In 2006 i spent about 8 months in hospital and I put on about 60 pounds. I was prescribed the full strength version of Alli called Orlistat, I lost all the extra weight in just under 5 months. As Rose24 states, they have a unpleasant side affect. This is caused by the medication expelling about a 3rd of the fat content of the food which you consume.