almost did it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by amexdm, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amexdm

amexdm Member

hey folks,

New here. very depressed. Have been suicidal for 30 years. Just recently lost my job and likely to lose my wife. Went out last nite, had too much to drink and wanted to kill myself. Went over to my friends house that I am house sitting and I thought he was in Florida. I was texting my wife and she said i was bothering her. I was very upset and truly believe I would have killed myself had my friend not appeared out of the bedroom. He hadnt left town yet- it was late.

My wife finally got scared and called my brother who called the police. They came to my friends house and questioned me for an hour. They let me stay with my friend.

What scares me is if my friend wasnt home I think I may have done something. Please help.

2. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

Firstly welcome to sf :smile: your in the right place

secondly im sorry youve had to deal with things for this long.
    are you getting any support from friends and family? what about a psych?

keep reaching out here. theres a lot of great people on here.
  3. amexdm

amexdm Member

Looks like this didnt get much repsonse. anyome have comments or support?
  4. summerschild

summerschild Well-Known Member

I'm glad you didn't go through with it. Is your brother a source of comfort? Can you turn to him for help? He must care because he called for help for you. I'm here off and on during the day. If you need someone to talk to please PM me. Please don't do anything to hurt yourself. There are people who care here. I know because they have helped me. They can help you too.
  5. slowdrum13

slowdrum13 Member

I hear you on the job thing. Women are *****s in the truest sense of the word. As soon as the money dries up (ie lost job) then she's gone. That's the way it always is. So don't blame yourself on that. That's just how women are.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.