alone and need help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by drg, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drg

drg New Member

im new to this site so i'll be brief, this is kind of my last resort im 20 and at university and over the last four years my life has gone from bad to worse, i didnt meet my parents till i was 12 and lived with an abusive aunt and her pedo nephew and i was abused for years till i met my parents but my dad turned out to be a drunk and violently beat up my mum :( .
    it just got worse from there till i met my boyfriend at 16 and he helped me over my suicidal attempts and self harming...when i first tried to kill myself i was 7. and since meeting him things were great but he wasn't who i thought he was and now after losing a Baby and my uncles death less than a year ago iv sunk so deep into depression i dont want to live.. ,
    my parents been strict asians have disowned me and i was attacked by my brother had to call the police and now im so scared and anixous i have panick attacks when i leave my house for any more than an 1hr.... im failing university....i know this may seem like its small but there is so much more to this i can't fully explain. i need help or someone to talk to im losing hope please help me :(

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun It does not seem small hun You are terrified and i so sorry you are in such pain. You need to talk to a councillor at your school hun get some therapy so you can heal from all that trauma. No wonder you are not doing well at school YOU need to look after YOU first hun okay put your education on hold for a bit until you can get some help for YOU
    You are important and you need to talk to someone reach out to someone okay

3. drg

drg New Member

thank you, i have tried but its so difficult to acutually go out and talk to someone...iv been sitting in my room for 3 months to scared to do anything...i dont want to give up on university its always been my one hope and now im losing that i feel worthless :(... thank you for beeing kind though

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Don't give up hun no you go into the councillors office and you talk to them and they will help you okay They will give you the time you need to succeed and they will connect youto some help some therapy to help you continue on. The resources are there hun use them okay that is what they are there for to help people that are suffering to help people to cope and to continue on. Hugs to you

5. I am 21 and in college too. Tell me about your situation

6. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I say throw yourself into your university work. It sounds to me like you need to get your mind off your situation. I also say look at the goal hun. When you graduate from your university. You can become your own person. Start your own life, start your own family, do what you want. However, you have to cross that finish line first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.