1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alone, heartbroken, feeling hopeless

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by HBAtlanta, Nov 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HBAtlanta

HBAtlanta New Member

I could write a novel, but I will just start with the basics.

I suffer from dependent personality disorder. It has made me stay in bad relationships, and run to new ones quickly. I married someone despite red flags, and had two kids with her. She left me emotionally empty. Despite my trying to get her to meet my emotional needs, she said I was too needy.

Long story short, I ended up in a long-term affair with a coworker. My wife found out. Marital house has been sold, cash is gone, lawyers eating up everything, I am not even getting overnights with my kids, I am back in a rental unit I bought with my first wife (more memories and nightmares here than I can face). I wake up everyday to a "nightmare" in that it all "rushes in".

She has said there is zero (zilch, nada) chance of recovery. 5 months has passed, she is seeing someone (or at least inferring she is). I don't know if finding a new relationship will get me back to "happy", and I would rather work on my core issues. I see a therapist, I see a Psych doc. They share an office. I have told them I wouldn't hurt myself, which is why I am here. I have to heal for my boys, the need me, my family needs me, I can't quit.

But I can't stop thinking about ending the pain...

The other woman keeps pursuing me, and I can't stop it since I am addicted to the validation and the emotional intimacy. Every text, chat, phone call (or whatever) leaves me feeling more hollow, more guilty, and like I have taken yet another step backwards.

All day... every day... I just want this nightmare to end...

I will never hold my (soon to be ex) wife again, yet I will have to see her for the rest of my life. Some other man will be co-parenting my children. I am beyond devastated.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi, and welcome to SF.

I think you've got the right idea with working on your core issues before you get involved in another relationship. I think that will go a long way in keeping you from getting hurt again. I know it's not easy to hold on when you're feeling so alone, but your kids do need you, and they're worth holding on for. I hope you're able to get some time with them.

3. HBAtlanta

HBAtlanta New Member

Thanks. I got more time with them this morning. The problem is that time with them is bittersweet. I love the time with them, but it also serves as a constant reminder of everything I have done, everything I have lost, and the pain that I am in.

Today has been hard. I got them this morning, and even got unscheduled time with my oldest. After I dropped him off -- knowing I had almost 24 hours with nothing to do, no one to spend time with, and just "alone time" -- I have had the feelings creep back in. I hurt... So bad. I don't have anyone I can talk to before my Therapist next week. I don't know that she is really helping.

I can't get these feelings to stop. It sometimes feels like it would be so much easier to just cease to exist. My (soon to be ex) wishes I would (her words).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.