1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

alone HELP!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by swimmer13, Sep 25, 2011.

1. swimmer13

swimmer13 New Member

being the youngest in my family i feel like i have almost a clingy personality and i always need attention. when i dont get that attention i go into a mood that leads me into depression. i dont get the desired attention from family, friends, boyfriend, or teachers. i hate begging for it because i hate feeling needy but if i dont get it i go crazy
    HELP!

2. pbobble

pbobble Well-Known Member

Hi, I can relate to this a little, as I tend towards the dependant personality type myself. Yet when my mental health is better the neediness is alot less, also when I have a wider range of stuff going on and more to occupy my mind it is better. I think its something psychological that needs to be sorted out in some way, as more attention from people doesn't fix it for me just reinforces it.

Perhaps working with a good therapist can help you, sometimes this is of great benefit to me.