Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by IJ (it just is), Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IJ (it just is)

IJ (it just is) Well-Known Member

I have been battling so many things for a few years now and somehow, I always seemed to keep going, even though I used the help of codeine and alcohol but now today something has set in that hasnt ever been there before... loneliness!! I cannot describe the amount of loneliness I am feeling right now. I feel so alone, lost and sad. I dont know how to handle this feeling, its not something that has ever been in the foreground of my thoughts or feelings. I am in uncharted waters...
  2. ChestnutMay

ChestnutMay Antiquities Friend

I'm sorry you're so lonely - I am too and it is a constant sadness. Did something in particular happen that is making you so lonely right now? For me, the final straw was when two family members stopped talking to me.

You say you don't know how to handle the feeling - for me, distraction is the key. This website is great because you can get some human interaction, plus talk with people who really understand.

Please keep posting. Since your loneliness is new, I hope it passes soon.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi IJ loneliness sucks it really does keep talking to us here ok we hear you most of us have felt that way at one time
    Keeping distracted helps going out in a mall just being around people helps to
  4. Endlessagony

Endlessagony Well-Known Member

Loneliness is a horrible feeling to suffer. I have gone through long periods of isolation and loneliness in my life and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Keep posting here even if it is hard or you don't feel like it. Try to go outside every day (which can be very hard if you're down in the dumps), even if it is just around the corner or something.
  5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I agree with the others as loneliness is not nice but you have to battle through it very day. We all struggle but you can better yourself by being kinder to yourself. People battle the loneliness in many ways but you need to surround yourself with others who are sincere. Even though we will not meet, you have keep posting here for the support you deserve. We do care here and you need to keep remembering that. I hope my post helps and you stay safe, please.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I hope we can help with your feelings of loneliness, it's one of the worst feelings there are. But we're here listening :) Maybe seeking a therapist to help you with this feeling might help?
  7. IJ (it just is)

IJ (it just is) Well-Known Member

thanks everyone, this helps to know I am not alone in feeling lonely. I guess what gets me the most is feeling this way surrounded by so many people, work colleagues, family friends, they wont understand. I am glad I have this forum to off load.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.