Alone

Gloomy eeyore

I can be surrounded by a crowd of people and still be alone. But I hardly allow myself around a crowd. It's too intimidating for me. I'm afraid that people will somehow find out about my bipolar. So I stay alone and lonely. I have one very close friend but always scared of losing him because I'm a burden. I cannot seem to find the balance of being friendly without being a burden. So I go to work come home and veg in front of the TV. What a life. I hate it so much. I just don't see a way out.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hiya, I am sorry things aren't going so well for you at the moment. Socializing is tough it's something I've not cracked myself yet but I know in time I will get there. I know there is a huge stigma surrounding mental health but take it from me having bipolar is not something to the ashamed of, you don't want the whole town to know as it's personal but it's nothing something you feel you should hide or be ashamed and embarrassed about.
I think that you need things to look forward to even small things like asking your friend to go to the movies with you or to a comedy show or just hanging out. I know it's really tough with anxiety but it cannot hurt to try these small things and you might even surprise yourself and have a good time out. I can sympathise. Best wishes x
@Gloomy eeyore

Gloomy eeyore

My friend and I do hang out a lot. He helps me through the tough times. He'll answer my call any time of the day. I know he really cares for me and my son. I don't know where I would be without him.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It's great to have such a close friend like that. Are there any theme parks/carnivals near you where ye could go and you could bring your son for the day?
Try and organise something that you will enjoy and will feel fulfilled from it. If your friend is that close I am sure they won't let you down! Best of luck to you :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00